Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    But we didn't have Rich Rodriguez and his staff out on the road recruiting, while Lloyd and his staff was prepping for the bowl game. Rodriguez didn't make any significant recruiting moves until after Lloyd was gone.
    Is that true? How do we know? Worth posting proof if available to shut up DSL about this...

Comment

• Rich Rod was hired two weeks before the bowl game. I'd find it hard to believe that he collected a paycheck doing absolutely nothing for two weeks without contacting any recruits or beginning to assemble a staff.

Comment

• Rodriguez spent time talking to kids who had committed to Michigan under Lloyd Carr, trying to convince them to stay with their commitment. But as far as Rodriguez taking the Michigan private jet and heading out on recruiting trips, he did not do that.

Of course, Carr was undermining him by offering carte blanche transfers to current players, .. but I digress ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I am not sure if I have much more to add. DSL has successfully made himself look foolish ... yet again.

Sure, why of course RRod must have had a full recruiting staff in place in the two weeks between his hire and the bowl game (while at the same time having plenty of time to sit in West Virginia and shred papers,etc.) ... of course it completely parallels Meyer's situation, though Meyer was hired with several weeks to spare. What was I thinking? Glad we have DSL around to straighten out "the facts," and talent to throw out his predictable trolling "LMAO's"

Nothing if not consistent: DeluSionaL

Comment

• Pretty sure RR was hired during the dead period and couldn't contact recruits while Lloyd coached the bowl game. Its possible M got a similar waiver.

Comment

• A typical sneering denial from PB. Of course Michigan being allowed two head coaches is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. When OSU gets a waiver from the NCAA, it's so completely different, it's not even funny. Why it's contemptible. An injustice. Jesus weeps.

There's nothing wrong with Michigan being allowed to have two head coaches and allowing Rich Rod to talk to kids and get them to stay at Michigan. But if URBAN LIAR does the same thing, well now, IT'S A FLAGRANT VIOLATION AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THE NCAA LETS THEM GET AWAY WITH IT OMG WTF

Comment

• Go home you whiny little prick

Comment

• From last year, when Miami hired Al Golden. The NCAA granted a waiver to Miami to allow Stoutland to coach the bowl game and Golden would go out recruiting.

Guess what, folks? This isn't against the rules no matter how much frothing at the mouth you do. Meyer is only allowed to recruit up until Dec. 19th which is the start of the dead period.

Maybe your bumbling AD should go back to making pizzas. It's clear he doesn't know what he's blathering about. And Hoke has started saying stuff too, so he can also STFU.

Comment

• I'm sorry. What part of whiny little prick don't you understand?

Comment

• BTW, Illinois has also applied for the very same waiver and is expected to have it granted. So get your soapbox out and go stand on a street corner screeching about injustice. But educate Coach Hoke and the Dominos guy before you do

Michigan coach Brady Hoke was asked about the coaches waiver on Friday.
                      "It's different. That would be my reaction. I've never heard of it," he said. "Is that an advantage? Yeah, I think so."

Ohio State asked for and received NCAA approval to exceed the limit of football coaches on staff through the Buckeyes' bowl game.

Spend 5 minutes and google the coach's waiver, Flounder.

Comment

• It's a dirty job but someone's gotta call you out as the whiny little prick you are so it might as well be me. Once again, go home you whiny little prick.

Comment

• Alas, resorting to fat jokes. "Your coach is fat!" Brilliant. Always the last gasp effort of those lacking intelligence (or the entire osu fanbase in this case).
                          Bravo. Good luck in your shit bowl and with the sanctions, mosquito.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I'm not saying your coach is fat. I'm saying he doesn't know the rules.

Comment

• Maybe he doesn't know that particular rule. It wouldn't be the first time that a HC didn't fully understand an administrative rule of the NCAA or B1G.

As far as "is it an advantage", I think that's a no-brainer. It most definitely IS an advantage, when you have one coach who can fully devote time to recruiting, while the other coach prepares the team for its next game. Especially when the current coach is staying to become part of the next coach's staff. I don't see why this is a big deal. It IS an advantage.

The real question is, is it an "unfair" advantage? IMO, it is only for the next couple of weeks. After that, no.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The waiver exists because any coach being hired during this period would be at a complete disadvantage in trying to manage bowl preparation while building a staff and hanging onto current commits as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X