Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if it's true that he has no other staff and he is just making calls and meeting on his own, then I think that's fine and I agree with you talent that it's pretty trivial. In that case, its just kudos to the Bucks for having this hire all lined and ready to be deployed right after the last game unlike M that has bumbled and fumbled the last couple of coaching hires.

Comment

• I really don't think it's a big deal either way. Sure, it's an advantage. Sounds like it's not special or unusual.

Comment

• he can't tell Diamond or Dodson who their OL coach is.
        They know.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• PB:

The only guys recruiting for OSU right now are UFM, Fickell, Drayton and Vrabel. The latter 3 are on the "old" staff.

As for the OL coach, I honestly think UFM doesn't know at the moment. The first rumor was Studrawa, but that's almost certainly out.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            .......All in all, it's trivial thing -- indeed, something that is routinely granted by the NCAA. But, as I said, DB obviously has Ohio State on the mind. And, frankly, for good cause.
            ....... and DB is making sure ufm and the rest of the cheaters inside the osu organization have it in the back of THIER minds that if the NCAA isn't watching them (and it looks like they're not), Michigan and the press, along with the rest of the league, sure as hell is.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Perhaps. I would suggest that taking issue with a routine waiver granted by the NCAA pretty clearly falls into the category of the "NCAA is watching them" -- at least insofar as, you know, the NCAA had to sign off.

Honestly, either DB doesn't know much about these waivers, or he's a bit obsessed with OSU. That's my take. All in all, I find it somewhat flattering...and a bit humorous. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• Is it routine or not? How often? It sounds like it to me, but nice to have proof if available.

Comment

• I don't know how many times.

NCAA spokeswoman Stacy Osburn has said the practice is "not all that rare." She said, "the NCAA has certainly received similar waiver requests prior to the bowl season from universities that have recently experienced coaching staff changes," she said in an email to The Associated Press. "When granted, these waivers are temporary, typically lasting through the bowl game, and only provide relief from maximum number of coaches allowed to be employed by the school. To prevent competitive advantage, the university still cannot exceed the number of coaches allowed to recruit at any one time and the amount of coaches allowed on the sidelines remains the same."
                  I wonder how many times, if at all, such a request has been denied. I mean, in a lot instances, you can't hire your new staff until after the bowls b/c a lot of the people you want to bring in will coach through the bowls. So, it makes sense to keep the old staff around to finish the bowl game out. But it makes zero sense for them to recruit.

In any event, I forgot that OSU lost a coach to Arky. So, at the moment, OSU actually only has 10 coaches. And they actually only have 5 recruiting (limit is 7). So, they're technically within the 10 coach limit. So, meh. It's just silly.

Ohio State got their ducks in a row so they could bring in UFM before the dead period started -- to take advantage of 3 weekends of OVs.

Comment

• First I've seen it. Agreed -- got their ducks in a row.

Comment

• TBH, no one usually cares. UFM at Ohio State draws interest. Especially those recruitniks (and guys recruiting against him) that see what his first two weeks were like.

Al Golden, meh. Tim Beckman, meh.

Comment

• Well I think an exacerbating factor, particularly here, is the sense that you've already gotten away with enough, which is quite understandable. While it very well may be legal and normal, it just doesn't sit right, like so much about the NCAA lately.

Comment

• We lost a HOF coach (whose career is probably ended) and basically had the team dismantled. Sanctions will hinder the program in future years. Not sure that we've gotten away with murder

I agree with Talent that there's really only two reasons Brandon and Hoke make a stink over this.

1) They are ignorant of the rules. Entirely possible. Particularly for pizza man

2) They know the rules, but enjoy getting in digs at Ohio State, and are willing to drop dark hints and make misleading accusations in order to win recruiting battles.

Comment

• The fact that Tressel was a HOF coach just proves how much you got away with.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I just want to say a special thank you to AD Dave Brandon. In addition to running the greatest football empire the NCAA has ever known, Mr. Brandon was able to find the extra time to scout and expose yet again that rogue regime to the south. As usual, the NCAA is as inept as ever in these matters and it certainly doesn't help that Gee (pronounced GAY) & Emmert were "housemates" (whatever the hell that means) at the University of Colorado....but the ever vigilant DB is on the watch.

Anyway, a special thanks, as Team OP outfits for another fishing adventure, his crew gladly ordered every damn pizza on the Dominos' menu in Mr. Brandon's honor...not to mention the fact that he retains several million dollars in preferred corporate stock, just our way of saying thanks. Well done DB, keep up the most excellent work!
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• So depending on the situation it's either ``woe is us we lost Tressell'' or ``look out we're back on top we got Urban Meyer woo-hoo...''. That's quite the principled position!

Comment

Working...
                                X