Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was thinking the same, amazed how quickly Tressel was thrown under then crushed under the OSU bus.
    Bet they snuff old folks with pillows too.

Provided Ohio St. never audits their football program, eventually they will cast Tressel's likeness in bronze, seated in a wheelchair. "Here lies James Tressel , crippled by NCAA regulation and dishonesty."
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 12, 2011, 08:40 PM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Hack- Do you have a third alternative as to why Brandon and Hoke would complain about OSU's waiver and claim that it's near-unprecedented?

Comment

• BTW, Tim Beckman has wasted no time already hiring an OC and has made offers to other coaches, even before the school has heard back from the NCAA on its own waiver.

From Brandon and Hoke: silence

Comment

• Well, Hoke is busy preparing for the Sugar Bowl, and Brandon probably hates Illinois less than OlieO ... so there are good reasons for the silence ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The only third anything I have is a third leg.

Comment

• 2) They know the rules, but enjoy getting in digs at Ohio State, and are willing to drop dark hints and make misleading accusations in order to win recruiting battles.

Correct .... door number two.

I give credit to DB trying to shine the light on the dirt down there in c-bus. Yeah, pretty cheesy, like pizza, but as I said up thread, there are plenty of dumb-asses who have power and influence within CFB that will believe Brandon knows something even tough he probably doesn't know shit.

Think Newt Gingrich., polishing apples, turning the dialog and all that.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff and Hack are happy as clams to see Brandon knowingly lie and distribute misinformation about a rival program. It's the "anything to win" attitude that now pervades Michigan football. A distinct change from the Bo Era.

Comment

• LOL at the quality BS but follow along, please. I've said at every opportunity that Brandon should shut his trap and leave the gamesmanship to Hoke, who is actually good at it.

Comment

• Schutt and Pittman are officially verballed to Ohio State. Dodson should follow. And Diamond looks very positive, too. Good weekend.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm still completely baffled as to why we wouldn't even let Schutt visit.

Comment

• The genius of Mattison will be confirmed when Schutt never makes the two-deep at Ohio. Or should that period be replaced with a question mark?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Jeff and Hack are happy as clams to see Brandon knowingly lie and distribute misinformation about a rival program. It's the "anything to win" attitude that now pervades Michigan football. A distinct change from the Bo Era.
                          DSL has been stricken by fear. The chaos and disarray that has engulfed the Ohio program has sent him clearly over the edge. Brief snapshot, Meyer is afraid to face his former team (Florida) in the Gator, so Gee & Smith cook up some story allowing Meyer to hide behind. Instead, they will send fired but re-hired Fickell to Jacksonville because OSU is likely to be handed their 7th loss of the season in the Gator Bowl, courtesy of the team that coach Meyer left "High & Dry". Wonder if Meyer's current meltdown will require hospitalization?

Of course it simply does not end there....coach Hoke will lead his crack squad of 100% ELIGIBLE players to the Sugar Bowl to restore honor and integrity to the Big Ten leaving DSL green with envy*.

Tressel likely played ineligible players most of his career, it's a damn shame that he finally got caught and was brought to justice, the BuckNut Nation is still in denial. Players suspended then banned from the program, coach is promptly fired, OSU had to return it's ill-gotten money from Last year's Sugar Bowl...it never ends. Indeed, "How Sweet It Is"!

*It's not just the high traces of urea in his fishbowl.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 13, 2011, 08:11 AM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I like ``100% Eligible.'' Get that on a maize-and-blue t-shirt soonest and I'll wear it for sure.

Comment

• Prior to UFM coming aboard, Ohio State had 1 player truly committed in the top 55 and Alex Kozan was probably the best recruit out there that OSU could land. A few weeks later, and we're up to 3. And that number will continue to climb. And Kozan is Plan B. I was of the belief that UFM would have a difficult time truly salavaging the 2012 class; that his impact wouldn't be felt until the 2013 class. Chalk up another wrong guess to me.

A quick look at some names in the Scout top 55 with insider consensus in parens (to the extent there is one):

6. Noah Spence (OV this weekend--OSU chances are good)
                              13. Stefon Diggs (OV in January--I think--OSU chances are longshot)
                              15. Adolphus Washington
                              20. Jameis Winston (says he'll take an OV -- longshot)
                              26. Brionte Dunn (if he doesn't commit this weekend or immediately thereafter, I like OSU's chances)
                              42. Tommy Schutt
                              44. Jordan Diamond (OV last weekend -- OSU chances=good)
                              46. Cyrus Jones (OV this weekend -- OSU chances=maybe)
                              55. Se'Von Pittman

Kyle Dodson is probably in, too -- a huge pickup at a need position. And Jamal Marcus is really being pushed. Low ranking--ridiculous offer sheet. And after watching his highlight film--the offer sheet is right.

The 2013 class quick look ahead: Jalin Marshall is a lock. Jaylon Smith is looking very good (#4 and #5 overall in 247 early top 250). And Cam Burrows is probably coming (though, an SEC school may be able to gain traction). And Billy Price is a lock. Good start. Can't wait to see the finish.
                              Last edited by iam416; December 13, 2011, 08:35 AM.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If what you say is true and not calibrated for this audience, it jives with what our new staff did last year in January. It certainly seems that, recruitingwise, a lot can be done this late in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X