Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    This will be easily overcome by Pope Urban, despite Jeff nervously declaring OSU's recruiting to be "in trouble".
    Skimming again ...... please read more carefully next time. As much as I would like osu's recruiting to be crushed, It won't be.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Does also mean next year's B1G title game will almost certainly be a stinker with OSU ineligible, Wisconsin rebuilding, and PSU going through complete hell. COACH HOPE: NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!
    The buckeye nation flatters itself. Nobody here gives a shit about osu, unless and of course, it involves them getting embarrassed in some fashion, getting whipped by mediocre football teams or having players do more stupid things after being told not to ..... trust me, this will continue. It's in the osu culture now as much as herbie and other honorable former players from the very distant past would like it not to be. You can thank tressel for that.

The constant refrain from the announcers of any osu games televised in 2012 will be sanctions, probation, scholarship losses and bowl ban. It will be lovely, actually, because for another year CFB fans everywhere will be constantly reminded of the stinking pile of shit that is osu football.

With regard to jim tressel, he has been banished to the wilderness. As great of a guy some think he is, his name will always be associated with lying and by association, so will osu's football program. This is an albatross around the neck of osu football that will be worn for a long time. I'm not sure even winning will erase this for a while. The book is not closed ..... the stupid sports press will revive the stink during every televised game for osu because the games themselves, they are meaningless; meanwhile the lives of osu fans everywhere will be miserable in 2012. Thank you vest. You did Michigan football well

I am in heaven.

You fellas enjoy.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 20, 2011, 07:15 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• When your own institution has precious little to crow about, I suppose one must revel in the misfortunes of others.

BTW, I hear Michigan leaned on the Sugar Bowl to take not-terribly-worthy Virginia Tech because they didn't want to play Boise (the Sugar Bowl's first choice)

Comment

• UNC and Miami (and Oregon too?) may have cause to be nervous...

Stewart Mandel @ slmandel
        Committee opted not to impose longer ban after weighing "overall seriousness of the case in light of other recent major infractions cases"

Comment

When your own institution has precious little to crow about, I suppose one must revel in the misfortunes of others.
          Of course. This is as it should be .... when it comes to osu football.

10-2, 0-1.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          BTW, I hear Michigan leaned on the Sugar Bowl to take not-terribly-worthy Virginia Tech because they didn't want to play Boise (the Sugar Bowl's first choice)
          Why would the Sugar Bowl want to play a team that plays a schedule that any decent MAC team would look as good if not better with and a team that plays at home on a blue field?
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Why would the SUgar Bowl want to take the runner-up from the second-worst BCS conference that was duller than dirt this year over the exciting, dynamic Boise team, whose fans travel in droves any time they play in a BCS game?

Answer: Michigan was afraid they'd lose. Hence the crap ACC gets a second BCS bid.

At least Sparty isn't too intimidated to play the mighty Broncs.

Comment

• Keep whining like a bitch DSL.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• If you had told me 8 months ago that OSU would get off this easy, I would have been pretty dissatisfied. But the fury of dolt Buckeyes who honestly think that they got screwed has made this much more enjoyable.

It has been a great year, I must say.
                Last edited by Hannibal; December 20, 2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• And the year is over, back to reality again...

Comment

• For those interested in reading the entire document that sets forth the NCAA's findings. Have at it.

The last thing I looked at was the chronology of events. Read and see if you don't conclude as well as I did that there is no way that smith and others above him did not know the extent of the rule breaking.

Strangely, the question of who knew what and when above tressel, which, if answered, would have begged an answer to the question, why is this not LOIC, is NEVER ASKED. I don't get this but it is key to the fact that since LOIC was never a charge advanced by the enforcement committee to the infractions committee and therefor not considered in the penalties.

This is essentially why the penalties are not more USC like. Fair or not. It is what it is.

Comment

And the year is over, back to reality again...
                      Next year starts with the Sugar Bowl, and unlike you guys, we won't have to vacate it later if we win it. Basketball team is ranked. We've got the #1 recruiting class in the Big Ten, in addition to the best basketball recruiting class that we have had in at least 12 years. The future looks very bright for Michigan athletics, indeed.

Comment

• Terrelle Pryor = "student athlete 5"

Comment

• Nope, we've got an entire new year of Ohio State Football irrelevance to look forward to. Have fun with your exhibition year. We'll see you in 2013.

Comment

• Michigan just became our bowl game, sucker. In Columbus. With Urban Meyer and team eager to pin a loss on Michigan and send them off to the Rose Bowl to get raped by USC.

I almost feel sorry for you

(and congrats on the best bball class in 12 years. obviously it's been a bad 12 years)

Comment

• Obviously spent your formative years locked in a closet.

Sorta makes you wish you chose Michigan over Ohio & Football over Home Ec., isn't that right DSL?

Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 08:37 PM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I think the shock will wear off quickly for most Buckeye fans. There's just too much to be happy about. Ohio State has the pre-eminent hoops program in the B10 with no signs of dropping off (incidentally, Coach Matta had to eat a year post-season ban in his first season, and he's worked out ok). Hell, even the hockey team is somehow in the top 5.

And, of course, the future of the football team is stunningly bright. Gads of young talent on the team and a superstar QB in the making. A 2012 recruiting class that UFM has not only salvaged, but that UFM has turned into the best in the B10 (using average stars). A 2013 recruiting class which will blow the doors off of the B10 on almost everyone else. One of the best two or three coaches heading up the program. The future is oh so bright and now, finally, the sword of damacles is gone. The unknown is known and the book is closed.

And what's best -- OP and Buchanan will be there in Columbus next year. I wonder how they'll handle eating that loss in an "irrelevant," "exhibiition" game? I can't wait to find out. And I may even get Mrs. Dillon's wondrous french toast concoction as an appetizer to that glorious game!

It wasn't a good day for OSU, to be sure. There was much to be critical of, starting with Gene Smith. But, on the whole, it changes none of the above. And, heh, it should lead to the removal of Smith, which will be quite nice.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X