Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, unofficial visit, so there was limits to what OSU could with the kids in terms of supervision. That said, even on an official I'm sure their host takes them out. I mean, they did it for me 20 years ago at shit D3 schools.

Anyway, Anzalone was having second thoughts and his dad wasn't sold. That's why he decommitted. Sucks, because he's a really good player at a need position.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Let's hope that Matt Hayes has the strength and courage to blow the lid off of this one as well.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Most certainly it sounds like this was the father's out, sure. There's two things in this story that nobody should doubt: that this wasn't the sole reason for the decommit, and that Columbus is crawling with pedophiles who cannot be controlled or monitored.

You played somewhere? What's the details?

Comment

• Are you sure this wasn't Penn State?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Are you sure this wasn't Penn State?

Tony, don't you know everybody does it.

The Ohio State athletic community was turned upside Thursday afternoon when it was discovered that a registered sex offender was communicating with student athletes through the social media platform Twitter. Players have since been warned with law enforcement brought in to pursue further action. Read how it all went down.

Comment

• Perhaps homosexual OSU great, Eddie George will now be invited to dot the "red eye"?

Welcome home Eddie, welcome homo.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 5, 2012, 05:37 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                Perhaps homosexual OSU great, Eddie George will now be invited to dot the "red eye"?

Welcome home Eddie, welcome homo.
                ...that WOULD be disturbing!

Comment

• Some comments from my favorite OSU "insider" -- thought you guys might enjoy some of them, at least. The QB comments are from an Elite-11 camp and the others are from a Nike Camp.

E-11

"... Shane Morris and Malik Zaire were on another level. I had a hard time picking a top-5. I had 2 or 3, then the rest all were pretty similar. Those 2 were off the charts. I've seen Morris about 5-6 times in person and think he's pretty special. He rallied the Michigan commits and they all showed up to work out. He is a Brewster-type recruiter, and has everything he needs to be a star. Great kid and super leader. Zaire's ball just rolled off his hand and had accuracy and velocity. I wasn't sure of him as a pure passer going in, but he threw the heck out of the football."

NIKE

"Don't understand how they arrive at their awards, but it is what it is. I don't think either Billy Price or Mike McCray would say they were the best at their positions by a longshot, but it is what it is. I don't think you could find one coach, spectator or media person that would say that either, but oh well. We have a lot of film of these guys in action and will be putting it up. I like both kids a lot, but I've been impressed by each kid a heck of a lot more in the past.

Darrien Howard stood out to me at LB. He moved far better laterally than I imagined. Still might be carrying 10-pounds too much, but he was the best LB in my opinion. Taco Charlton should have been the D-Line MVP and he was really good. If his combine work translates to the field, he can be pretty good.

Cam Burrows is really special, but he's going to play college football at 225-pounds I would guess and it won't be at CB. Safety and maybe a LB. He's at 205 right now as a high school junior. He won't be at 205 at Ohio State. I really like this kid.

Jalin Marshall is off the charts athletically. Just has so much talent. I would start him at WR at OSU right now. Liked Jayme Thompson and think he can be a good one.

Loved David Dawson as the top O-lineman, but Lovell Peterson was really good. Michigan getting a good one in Dawson. And Detroit Cass Tech had a ton of kids there and they were impressive. Cass is to Michigan what Glenville is to OSU. There is talent coming from Cass."
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thank you for your courage good Doctor. perhaps other players/recruits will find strength and come forward as well..... certain Gee, Smith & Meyer will do everything to inpugn your character.

Dr. Sal Anzalone, Alex's father, told the Reading (Pa.) Eagle late Friday that "something is just not right at Ohio State. It's not for him."

"You don't want your son to go to a place where there's a potential issue," Sal Anzalone told the Eagle. "You expect the staff to have some sort of control on how things are handled with recruits when they visit. This is ridiculous."

Comment

• Looks like the Anzalones are back-tracking now? OSU is not out of the picture? I don't know what's going on with them

Sal Anzalone did want to clarify that he doesn't hold Buckeyes football coach Urban Meyer, his staff or the university responsible for what happened during Alex's recruiting visit to Columbus, Ohio, April 21.

"I want people to understand, I have no beef with Ohio State, at all," Sal Anzalone said. "My issue is not with Ohio State: It's a great institution, they have a phenomenal president, Urban Meyer is nothing but a class act to me.

"There's nothing wrong with Ohio State; it's a great institution. When I said there was something wrong with Ohio State, I was talking about the visit - there was something wrong with the visit, not with Ohio State."

Sal Anzalone said that Meyer called Friday evening, but did not wish to provide any details about that conversation.

"We can't implicate Ohio State for what happened (during that visit)," Sal Anzalone said. "That's wrong. That had nothing to do with the university itself. I don't hold them accountable; they're not responsible for what fans do; it's not their fault."

After saying Friday that Alex would no longer consider attending Ohio State, Sal Anzalone said the Buckeyes are back in the picture, but that his son - an All-State linebacker and one of the top recruits in the nation - needs time to reassess the situation.

"With all the craziness, we want to slow down the process, calm it down a little bit," Sal Anzalone said. "There's no reason we wouldn't consider the Buckeyes. We love Ohio State. The academic opportunities there are tremendous."

Comment

• LOL......Sounds like a crazy family........good luck.

Comment

• Two things:

1. Sounds like Urban Meyer got on the horn and read Papa Anzalone the riot act.

2. Sounds like OlieO is about to get their version of Tate Forcier.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• From what I had read, the father was a florida alum, who got a backlashing from gator nation for committing to st urban. Must be alot of bridges burned down there.

Comment

• I don't think that's a backtracking. He's been consistently contradictory the whole time. But maybe that comes with the territory. I've never had someone like that hanging around my kid, and if it happened I might be pretty shaken and not totally logical in the immediate aftermath.

That said, this particular pedo -- among the apparently many out and about in Columbus -- could have been spotted and the red alert should have gone out earlier about him.

Comment

• I did a search on Michigan's registry and there are at least 16 sex offenders living within a mere mile of 382 South State Street, Ann Arbor, MI. I'm sure the UM athletic dept is keeping tabs on them all, and the thousands of others living within 200 miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X