Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure he's done enough to get dismissed, nor would I write him off. But, there's a new sheriff in town and he's making examples. Anyone with legal issues ought to worry, especially guys with mutiple incidents.

I think Berry can contribute and be a good D1 player, and I hope he is able to do that.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      But, there's a new sheriff in town and he's making examples. Anyone with legal issues ought to worry, especially guys with mutiple incidents.
      You're kidding, right? That's one of the funniest (yet ridiculous) things I've read all week if not.
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• From the Orlando Sentinel, Sept 24, 2010

?But another statistic is more bedeviling: at least 31 off-the-field arrests involving 25 of Meyer?s players dating to the summer of 2005, according to a running count by the Orlando Sentinel. Many have been typical college-years brushes with the law, from alcohol possession to disorderly conduct. But a dozen involved initial charges of felonies or violent misdemeanors, and the run of incidents has shared front-page space with Florida?s on-the-field accomplishments and invited pointed questions about the program?s virtue.
        ?In a closing commentary on this week?s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel on HBO, Gumbel compared Florida?s arrests with the agent-related violations that subjected Southern California to a two-year postseason ban and other stiff NCAA sanctions. Arguing that ?driving drunk, robbing a convenience store, and hitting your girlfriend are all worse offenses than dealing with an agent,? he took the NCAA to task for not dealing as sternly with the Gators and other programs with police-blotter problems.
        ?After Florida receiver Chris Rainey was booked last week on a felony charge of aggravated stalking ? for allegedly sending an ex-girlfriend a threatening text message ? Orlando columnist Mike Bianchi wrote, ?Sadly, this outlaw reputation is now the national image of the Florida Gators ? Tim Tebow is no longer around to clean up the mess.? ?

Yeah, Pope Urban definitely lays down the law with his players.
        Highlarious.
        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Instead of being civil, saying, hmmm, I'm not sure about that, what do you mean? I get that. Between you knowing how UFM is going to approach this team and Liney knowing exactly how UFM evaluates talent, you guys seem to have it all figured out. Congrats. I have no need nor desire to discuss further.

Comment

• I apologize; allow me to rephrase so as not to upset you further:
            "Talent, I vehemently disagree with your assertion that Urban Meyer will not tolerate criminal activity, or those indiscretions which are unbecoming of an OSU student-athlete.

Given Meyer's past record of (what IMO appears to be) turning a blind eye to criminal activity in over 30 documented cases/arrests in a 5-year period, why is it your opinion that things will now change?"

Comment

• To reiterate, I said he's "making examples" out of folks on this team. Why?

(1) He has to establish control of the team.

(2) He fully understands OSU is under a microscope.

(3) He has no skin in the game with the OSU players there -- they're not his recruits.

(4) He's working with restricted roster numbers.

There have been 3 Buckeyes involved in some sort of legal trouble since UFM took over or that was pending when UFM took over. All 3 are off the team. Pick your reason. If it makes you feel any better, you can be uber-cynical about it and say he's doing it to "cut" players he doesn't want (even though 2 of the 3 would have been in the 2-deep). But the evidence to date suggests he has little tolerance for those types of issues at the moment.

It's entirely conceivable things will change once he's established himself with the team and/or when he brings in players he's more invested with and/or when he has more roster space to work with. But, for now, if your an OSU player and you find yourself in legal trouble, I'd worry. A lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                To reiterate, I said he's "making examples" out of folks on this team. Why?

(1) He has to establish control of the team.

(2) He fully understands OSU is under a microscope.

(3) He has no skin in the game with the OSU players there -- they're not his recruits.

(4) He's working with restricted roster numbers.

It's entirely conceivable things will change once he's established himself with the team and/or when he brings in players he's more invested with and/or when he has more roster space to work with. But, for now, if your an OSU player and you find yourself in legal trouble, I'd worry. A lot.
                Cogent points; agree with your last paragraph as to what will happen, but time will tell I guess.

Comment

• Under a microscope sounds "scientific", actually it is three-years probation.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                    Under a microscope sounds "scientific", actually it is three-years probation.
                    which, of course, is a pretty microscopic penalty when compared to what it should have been!

Comment

• Cogent points; agree with your last paragraph as to what will happen, but time will tell I guess.
                      I'm not entirely terrible, Paul, if you give me a chance. :-)

Comment

• Patently obvious the Pope inspires a combination of fear and awe. OP is particularly enraptured.

Comment

• It's absolutely perfect DSL not to mention finding gainful and honest employment for Jim. Tressel masquerading as an in-house TV Evangelist, when the NCAA hits him with that "show cause" letter he can counterblast the Infractions Committee by showing his ass.

Talk about happy endings.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 3, 2012, 11:35 AM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm not entirely terrible, Paul, if you give me a chance.
                            Don't do it, Paul. If you value your immortal soul, don't do it.

Comment

• No fears, JRB. I may be an idiot, but not one of those epic proportions.

Comment

• Dammit. I didn't it was possible, but I seemed to have underestimated Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X