Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Another retard stops by to express his FEAR. Hilarious. "Fine M men" are at least tolerable when you guffaw at them and/or enjoy OSU kicking the shit out of the inferior M football program with them. Fingers crossed OP and Buchanan are in Columbus this year! Lol.
    *SNORT* I suppose I should be offended....or something. Adding "Thin Skinned", to "Dullard" will have to suffice for today though.

Carry on.

Comment

• “It’s the education part,” Washington continued. “I know all these schools athletically can offer me the same thing. The academic support at Ohio State, there is no way you can fail. Even if you’re giving minimal effort there is no way you can fail.”

Or should I link to Terrelle Pryor's (academic AA, really?) essay that would've been poor for a middle schooler. Sounds like things haven't changed in Columbus, they still place football much higher than academics.

Comment

• OSU obviously values education more than M when it comes to football. Facts are facts. The sad thing is that M's shit effort to educate came with zero titles. Lol. What a joke program.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Serious question: How much does the massive attrition under RR account for the depressed APR scores? My memory suggests that is a significant factor.

Comment

• Turning pro or transferring doesn't count against the institution so long as the athlete is in good academic standing when they leave. The institution could be hurt if, e.g., the athlete turns pro mid-semester and bags classes which causes his grades to slip below the threshold limit.

Comment

• Retards is offensive? Seriously? It takes that to make me side with the retard from the south. I don't think anyone was wound up at all -- just happy for another exucse to Google the Adolphus Washington quote. Until that gave him an excuse to ratify his own feeble attempt at trash talk.

Comment

• Hack - some of us here have family members and friends who are called "retards", who happen to be mentally challenged. Some of the best days I've spent in charity work has been at events like Special Olympics. "Retards" as they are called, have been some of the most wonderful people that I've ever met.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Lol. Idiot - for you pc tools. Lol.
                  Noted.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I have a gay brother. When gay is used as an insult here from time to time I don't take it as an insult to my brother, or imagine that the user of the term is an actual homophobe. It doesn't diminish the person my brother is, or any other gay person.

We're all adults here, and since there are only two Ohio fans, we are for the most part an agreeable bunch. We get the context and we, for the most part, probably conduct ourselves more gentlemanly here than on any other forums we post on. If the standard you're going to set is akin to the most liability-conscious of mixed-background workplaces, you may have to tolerate a little slip now and again. And if you want to set a tone, ride Stan. That's an acid-tinged, uncalled for approach that's more uncivil to me than any perjorative tone, whether you've met him in person or not. Again -- most of us have hides thick enough to get the context and reply in kind. But if there's anything to take offense to here, it's that sort of style.
                    Last edited by hack; June 20, 2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Noted.
                      Idiocy, if that's how it is here, is a form of mental retardation. That's the clinical terminology. So idiot should be out of bounds too. We should also, to be consistent, be offended at ``moron'' and ``imbecile''.

Comment

• It's obvious Talent washed his lithium down with bourbon, good circus.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Goddamn you Nancy-boys for derailing this shit with the semi-annual touchy-feely "what should we do with thread" line of pussery. Bastards.

Comment

• Just food for thought. FWIW I don't use "retard" simply because it sounds so juvenile when it's used. There are many other words that can be used to insult someone than just that blanket "low hanging fruit" of an insult.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T549VoLca_Q"]Not Acceptable R-word PSA - YouTube[/ame]
                            Last edited by Tony G; June 20, 2012, 08:58 PM.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              Hack - some of us here have family members and friends who are called "retards", who happen to be mentally challenged. Some of the best days I've spent in charity work has been at events like Special Olympics. "Retards" as they are called, have been some of the most wonderful people that I've ever met.
                              Thanks for saying it for me, Liney.

I've worked with mentally challenged young adults, too (tho I've not yet gotten involved with Special Olympics), and I have found most of them to be very wonderful people, eager to prove themselves, eager to be independant, eager to help, eager to contribute, and most of all, oh soooooo proud of themselves when they succeed at what (for us) are considered usually simple tasks. Does that make them any less valuable, any less of a human being than any of us? NO!

Plain and simple, to use that highly derogatory label, retard, is at a minimum very insensitive, and, IMO, when tossed around as an insult, very wrong.

Sorry I didn't find the right way to express that earlier, but I'm glad others stepped up for me and explained it so very well.

Comment

• Perhaps we could subsitute "that' word for something similar....a synonym if you will.......easy-to-remember, but generally expressing the idea that the object of your scorn, is a simple, unimaginative dolt, who deserves ridicule.

I've got it.

Ohioan. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X