Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get all the criticism of Maxwell. I didn't think he played too badly. Braxton Miller is going to be a good one when he gets more consistent. He's already better than T. Pryor.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Maxwell played really well, I thought. Miller may be the best running player between the tackles in the B10. He is remarkably good in tight spaces. He doesn't have Denard's gamebreaking speed, but he is just so quick and natural in tight spaces. Once he gets the read-option a bit more and gets a touch more consistent throwing, he's going to be really, really, really good.

The OSU Back-7 is vomit against the pass. God, it's hard to watch.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Damn shame the incompetent or corrupt official blows dead Miller's live fumble, otherwise Sparty returns six and caps the game, late.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You stay classy Urbie.

Ohio State vs. Michigan State: Spartans defensive coordinator says Buckeyes sent over doctored game film

Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi said that Ohio State doctored the game film that it was required to send the school before their game on Saturday, according to the Detroit Free Press.

“We had tape cut off all week, where they changed the tape, I’m not gonna lie to you,” Narduzzi said according to the Free Press. “They send you tape and they’ve got it all cut off and you don’t get to see shifts or motions or anything else.”

Big Ten teams are supposed to provide game film before they play against each other, with the footage coming from their respective video staffs. Narduzzi told the Free Press that the Spartans contacted Ohio State’s out of conference opponents and received film from them.

“A few other teams we talked to that they played, and we compared what they were looking at on tape to what we were looking at,” Narduzzi said, according to the Free Press. “We’re like ‘We don’t see any of that. We see it on their tape but not on our tape.’ So that’s something I’m sure the Big Ten office will hopefully take care of.”

Narduzzi indicated Michigan State complained to the Big Ten, but the schools settled the issue between them, with no conference involvement, according to the report.

In addition, the Spartans did not receive the full game film from Ohio State until Thursday, Narduzzi said.

After the game, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he knew nothing about a video issue.

Michigan State lost 17-16 to Ohio State.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't know why the MSU staff is upset. As a former OlieO assistant, and friend to Saint Jim, Dantonio has tried to build MSU's program in the same mold as OlieO's ever since he arrived there. There should be no complaint, nor surprise in this matter.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Narduzzi is a whiny bitch.

Comment

• Yes, he is.

And he's also a coach that teaches his players to do extracurricular stuff intended to injure opponents. And, he's proud of it.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There are probably no rules published against anything these coaching staffs are doing. But it has been clear to me over the years that osu has ridden the edges, or gray areas when edges are not clear, of whatever rule happens to be in question. Hats off to them, actually. While the SEC and guys like Saban and Miles have been the best at it, osu has dabbled successfully in that approach.

Since Dantonio's arrival at MSU, there has been some pretty questionable behavior there. Narduzzi is the worst at it. No doubt.

The problem I have with questioning this stuff is that football is a contest involving athletic skill, power and toughness. Sure, there are rules but its like applying the Geneva Conventions during battle. You do that and you are probably going to die along with the troops you are leading in trying to apply it. The Taliban don't give a shit about it and neither do most of the non-traditional fighters who are being armed as proxies to carry out the political and military objectives of countries like Iran. The days of mortal combat being carried out by gentlemen with ethical standards underpinning thier behavior are long gone.

I also know that football isn't combat but there are parallels and there have been for centuries. I think ethical conduct among coaches has diminished as coaching salaries have skyrocketed and the stakes of winning or losing have gotten incredibly high. It's something I dislike about CFB because coaches that try to exhibit ethical behavior probably aren't going to win any BCS championships these days.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Former Ohio State football star Jim Stillwagon is suspected of shooting at a pickup truck on a highway ramp and later striking the driver with a handgun, causing it to fire a bullet that grazed the man's head, after a road rage incident that spanned about

Don't piss off Jim Stillwagon! Obviously a Woody Hayes product.

Comment

• Typical behavior in the hills of North 'Tucky...

Comment

• Some positives from Saturday: OL really played well against a good front 7 presumably coached up to stop one player. Miller keeps improving. His in-play reads still have tons of room to improve, but he seems like he's on the right track. With two more years under UFM, yes TWO, he should end up being pretty decent if he avoids injury. Hyde looked decent, too.

Negatives. They have no gamebreakers other than 5. The 2009 and 2010 WR classes were disasters. Curtis Grant still isn't there and it's getting to a now or never time for him. They still tackle like dogshit.

Comment

• Some positives from Saturday: OL really played well against a good front 7 presumably coached up to stop one player. Miller keeps improving. His in-play reads still have tons of room to improve, but he seems like he's on the right track. With two more years under UFM, yes TWO, he should end up being pretty decent if he avoids injury. Hyde looked decent, too.

Negatives. They have no gamebreakers other than 5. The 2009 and 2010 WR classes were disasters. Curtis Grant still isn't there and it's getting to a now or never time for him. They still tackle like dogshit.

Comment

• Given the allcaps, I guess we take that to mean Miller's gone after his junior year.

Comment

• Why? He has another two years. I can't see him leaving. Thank jesus.

Comment

• I hope the tackling continues to decline under UM. That was one thing that was a constant with the 'Vest's teams ... they were monster tacklers.

Comment

Working...
                                X