Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if there is rift forming between Tressel and management.

Gene Smith spoke out that Tressel did not initially apologize and he had to meet with him to get him to do it .... why would Smith say this at this point.

The Golden Bear, who seems to hold the Tressel in the same high regard our Buck-posters do, seems to think Tressel is Smith/Gee's patsy.

I doubt that is the case.

Comment

• didn't see this posted, so sorry if it was already
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Ent, thanks.

My favorite line is: "— Dec. 23: Smith and Tressel have a news conference to announce the sanctions. Tressel says the players must have known what they were doing was a violation of NCAA rules: "I suppose that would be something rattling around inside the head of each of them individually. We all have a little sensor within us, 'Well, I'm not sure if I should be doing this.'"

What a double talker.

Comment

• Ent, thanks.

My favorite line is: "? Dec. 23: Smith and Tressel have a news conference to announce the sanctions. Tressel says the players must have known what they were doing was a violation of NCAA rules: "I suppose that would be something rattling around inside the head of each of them individually. We all have a little sensor within us, 'Well, I'm not sure if I should be doing this.'"

What a double talker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post

What a double talker.
            Funny. Did you double post on purpose? :D
            What's the difference between an OSU grad and a park bench? A park bench can support a family of four.

Comment

• The more he talks, the more he sounds like a real senator.

He's got the lying part down pat.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Another question. How many current BT coaches would have notified the NCAA and their school administration if they had received e-mails similar to those noted above from a booster about forbidden activities by some star players. What if they were merely backup players? How many would do this if they were quite certain it would never be discovered. It is not the same as asking what they would do if they thought others might find out about it. I'm asking how many would have come clean simply because it was the right thing to do. In other words what is the moral compass?

If you found a wallet that was left in a restaurant and nobody observed you finding it would you take immediate steps to return it to the owner without disturbing it's contents? Add this complication. What if it contained $500.? $1000.? Credit cards? Social Security number?

It's an interesting question and gets to the heart of fundamental honesty. If you fear getting caught that's one thing but if you're pretty sure you won't will your own sense of ethics prevail? And what is the level of temptation? It's not as easy a question as it sounds. We're all human.

I think we all have a threshold where doing the right thing determines our actions but this varies from person to person. I guess we know where Tressel fits on this scale. I am convinced a person like Lloyd Carr would never have pulled a Tressel in this circumstance.

Comment

• Originally posted by amaizenblue View Post
                  Funny. Did you double post on purpose? :D
                  no .... but thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Lloyd would have lost the wallet on his way to turn it in.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Lloyd would have devised a strategy that relied on outmoded means of transport from the restaurant to the post office, but would have stuck with it no matter if it takes a year to make the trip or not.

Comment

• That's the way its done, isn't it?

/sarcasm

Comment

• He gets bonus points for sneering at the cars and trucks as they whizz by his donkey cart. But don't criticize or the donkey will bite.

Comment

• He's also a member of the flat-earth society. And don't you dare question him about it ... ;-)

Comment

• I am a reporter -- you can rest assured that I never ever want to ask him a question.

Comment

• OSU spring game should be on BTN tonight at 7. Sounds like the offense was pretty exciting, as all three QB's threw touchdowns and Braxton Miller looked pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X