Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In reality, it is hard to imagine a more equitable manner to crown a national champion, given the number of teams in Div. 1-A.

Invite the 64 best teams in the nation, sudden death, winner takes all, first to win 6 games. Underscores the fact that the regular season and conference tourneys are essentially meaningless, while millions of dollars are poured into the Big Dance.....always follow the money.

Choking is nothing new, poorly coached teams do it all the time, besides what are the odds Ohio A & M will get Wichita Who twice in a row?
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 1, 2013, 10:25 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• They can't keep the uniforms -- criminals typically burn the evidence before they have to flee. Or sell it to tattoo artists.

Comment

• Facts are facts, Rob. Sorry.

I suppose I could post quotes from gads of M posters about how great it is to make the Elite 8. Then, of course, post gads of quotes from M posters about what a huge failure it is to make the Elite 8.

But look, making M fans look like fools isn't much a challenge.

I would tell you M better win it all or else -- or something like that, but unlike M fans, I'm consistent. I'm not in the 1 winner/everyone else loser boat (unlike some M fans here). I'm also not in the tournament=quality of team boat. I don't, e.g., think Wichita is in the top 4 in the country or had a better season that IU. People who actually follow basketball understand that, unlike the newfound M fanboys, yourself included.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Must drive a Subaru to talk shit like that.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• ... with a Yugo to give it a jump start every day ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Creighton > Wichita St. > Flagship
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't, e.g., think Wichita is in the top 4 in the country or had a better season that IU. People who actually follow basketball understand that, unlike the newfound M fanboys, yourself included. __________________
                OK, from my occasional posts regarding College Hoops/Michigan Basketball, you're able to surmise that I'm a newby who knows nothing, a "newfound M fanboy". Go ahead, believe fully in your personal delusions, if that's what floats your boat...

What a pompous piece of work you are, Talent. Tell, me, O Great and Powerful Talent of Oz, just when and where did I say (or imply) anything approximating placing Wichita St.---or for that matter, Michigan or Syracuse---into any kind of group of "fantastic four" of College Basketball this season. Where/when have I posted anything stating any sort of belief on my part that the NCAA Tournament was the definitive proof of which team was superior to all others in any given season?

Decade after decade that I've followed (with at least passing interest) college hoops, several "most talented" teams haven't made it to the final four. In the meantime, several teams that aren't realistically among the top 10 in any given season have gone on to win it all. All the NCAA Tournament is, in reality, is a tournament. Most important tournament of each and every college basketball season, but not proof of which team is superior to all others. Teams are seeded, teams get lucky/unlucky, teams get bad calls made for or against them, teams get knocked off to clear the pathways for other teams, and one team----ONE team---wins 6 games to claim the trophy, to claim the championship of that season. A better system, we'd all agree, than the MNC College Football had for decades and a better system than what is now in place for CFB. But not a perfect system; the best CBB team doesn't always survive. And that's how teams such as NC State and Villanova have won trophies in the years since the last one oiho has won.

Please, just do yourself and all of us a big favor and STFU from now on any time you are tempted to spew shit. The place would smell better if you heeded this advice.

Comment

• The tournament is how the champion is crowned. The point of the game is to win, and keep winning until you are the champion.

Comment

• Let him go Rob, it's April Fools' and the jester is in full bloom.

The crux of Talent's angst is the fact that Ohio played their best ball of the season when it matter the least, namely the B1G superfluous Conference Tournament. They were poorly prepared for the Big Dance and got bounced in a most embarrassing fashion by a joke of an opponent. Just watch how Louisville takes care of business against WS.

Conversely, Michigan peaked at the right time, became the hottest team in nation when it matters the most and is now 2 wins away from another national championship.

Just imagine, 3 Freshmen, 1 Sophomore & a Junior.

Fab Five part Deux!
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 1, 2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Michigan didn't peak at the right time. It simply lacked a style of play appropriate for the conference and now looks good in comparison. Is Michigan built for the postseason, in that sense? I don't know. I suspect not, and I'd much rather have Matta (non-cheating version) or Izzo, but even a dedicated defense-first person such as myself has to be open to the notion at this point. Or it might just be a suitable draw. Don't know yet.

The only thing we DO know, however, is that Trey Burke's life has become much better since he left Columbus. He's a legend now. And he no longer lives in Columbus. Correlation = causation. Columbus is a terrible place.

Comment

• As for Thad Matta, that red bulbous-nosed liquor stain should be pulling a sleigh full of toys and not on the sidelines coaching a group of poorly motivated, underachieving, mediocre basketball players that choked during the biggest Tournament of their lives.

Down by 20+, Thad blames the Tournament structure, Selection Committee and the Officials...everyone but himself.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 1, 2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Please, just do yourself and all of us a big favor and STFU from now on any time you are tempted to spew shit. The place would smell better if you heeded this advice.
                          Well, then I wouldn't be routinely exposing M idiocy. And idiots need to be kept in check. And if you can't handle facts, truth and reason, just put me on ignore. Or, perhaps, don't bother addressing me. Then again, that goes against your obsession with me. So, I don't see that happening. So I guess you'll continue to be exposed to facts, truth and reason. Sucks for you.

Though, I will say, you basically just agreed with everything I've said about the tournament and OSU's season, which you pejoratively referred to as painting with Easter egg pastel colors--or something like that. There may be hope for you if you keep reading me.
                          Last edited by iam416; April 1, 2013, 05:33 PM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 50% of your posts contain viable insights. 50% is pure homer oLIEo BS. Cut out the latter half and you'll be just fine.
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Tourney only should be like 32 teams. The regular season should mean a lot more and getting to the tourney should be a 'feat'. 7 teams from a 14 team B10 made it, teams that can't win half their conferences games get to play in the postseason.

In a smaller tournament, the best team would win more often. Three issues: 1. $, by far the most important as the first weekend gets enormous ratings 2. auto bids from smaller conferences, many don't belong 3. The less teams you have, the more likely that someone deserving was left on the outside that deserved in.

Comment

• The tournament is pretty much PERFECT. It's a glorious event. It's wonderful how its own organic momentum has made those early round minefields a testing ground for champions. If you're elite and you can't kneecap an upstart then sucks to be you. Come back next year.
                                Not totally perfect some of the reasons explained here, and the NCAA will probably keep tinkering to the overall detriment, but it's a great think and a way to settle things that is appropriate to the sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X