Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Gardner OL arrested too?

Comment

• Typical Meyer. Typical oLIEo
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Urban Meyer finally beeks up! Alreading walking it back!

Urban Meyer announces discipline for four Ohio State Buckeyes, including Hyde and Roby
        COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State finally released a statement from head coach Urban Meyer just before 4 p.m., announcing that four Buckeyes have been disciplined, including Carlos Hyde and Bradley Roby.

The team did not characterize Hyde as being dismissed from the team, however.

The release:

Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer today suspended senior running back Carlos Hyde, from Naples, Fla., from all football team activities pending the outcome of the student code of conduct and criminal investigations. Hyde was named in a City of Columbus Police Department report that was issued Monday.

Meyer also took disciplinary action Monday against two freshmen who were involved in legal issues in the past week: tight end Marcus Baugh, from Riverside, Calif., and defensive lineman Tim Gardner, from Indianapolis. He also announced that senior cornerback Bradley Roby, from Suwanee, Ga., will not attend Big Ten media days this week. Roby was involved in a legal issue this weekend in Bloomington, Ind., and, as more information becomes available, could face additional discipline.

“I have a clear set of core values in place that members of this football program are constantly reminded of and are expected to honor,” Meyer said. “There are also expectations with regard to behavior. I expect our players to conduct themselves responsibly and appropriately and they will be held accountable for their actions.”

Baugh has been removed from all team activities and will sit out the first game of the season, Aug. 31 vs. Buffalo, for his arrest last weekend for underage possession of alcohol and possessing a fake identification. His actions will also result in the loss of his summer aid.

Gardner is being sent home and will not be a part of the 2013 team after he was charged Saturday night by Columbus police with obstruction of official business.

“Swift, effective and fair discipline is the standard for our entire athletics program,” Director of Athletics Gene Smith said. “I applaud Coach Meyer for his immediate actions.”
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You boys took a serious beating today!

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• “Swift, effective and fair discipline is the standard for our entire athletics program,” Director of Athletics Gene Smith said. “I applaud Coach Meyer for his immediate actions.”
            Well, at least in this matter, Smith doesn't seem to be worried about Meyer "firing HIM" ...

Great days for the "flagship" ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dude delivering the hit (Perkins), was he booted off team or just academically ineligible? He's the guy ND & M passed on.

Comment

• Good, fair article, although I'm sure Wetzel has some sort of ax to grind against Meyer too.

Comment

• "I have a clear set of core values in place that members of this football program are constantly reminded of and are expected to honor. There are also expectations with regard to behavior. I expect our players to conduct themselves responsibly and appropriately and they will be held accountable for their actions."

"I'd much rather focus on redemption and resurrection rather than conviction and incarceration. If Aaron Hernandez can get away with murder, hell it clearly illustrates I'm pretty flexible and incredibly tolerant, my famous 6 strikes+ and you are out policy is always in effect." Urban Meyer

Comment

• Matt Hayes chides in:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...rrison-arrests

Coach Meyer & Tressel, two of the dirtiest in the game!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,5877598.story

Comment

• LOL @ the Vonn Bell "report".

Going to be soooooo much fun to watch Ohio State play M. Get ready for your shit sandwich OP.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oracle:

Wetzel's piece was basically fair. Lots of good points:

Whether this is fair or not hardly matters at this point. The tide of public opinion is what it is and it can swiftly swing to a place where credibility is difficult to recover. For all the supposed angels it's produced, college sports have a long line of perceived black hat coaches too. The truth is that everyone is a shade of grey.
                        Indeed. People will believe what they will, fair or unfair.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• OlieO's new "fight" song ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKJi_X9WpHQ"]My Melancholy Baby - Frank Sinatra - YouTube[/ame]
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• In The Jailhouse Now - Jimmie Rodgers

Comment

• True Colors - Cyndi Lauper

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                LOL @ the Vonn Bell "report".

Going to be soooooo much fun to watch Ohio State play M. Get ready for your shit sandwich OP.
                                November is a huge opportunity for another Noble Defeat

Comment

Working...
                                X