Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's compare notes two years from now. You guys seems pretty confident on this issue.

Comment

• PB- You're one of the more honest guys here. If Urbs had a player that broke into a dorm room and stole a computer and then Urbs suspended him only one game, would that be a fitting punishment in your eyes?

Comment

• Roby, a first round draft pick, gets suspended for 1 game for a minor shoving match with a bouncer. Hyde, as good as anyone in the B10, gets 3 games for what may or may not have been some sort of tap. And I don't have a problem with either suspension. It's a privilege to play for OSU. You can't put yourself in bad situations. Walk the fuck away.

Fitz gets 1 game for a DUI. Clark gets 1 game for home invasion/laptop theft.

Anyway, it's the stuff M fans want to talk about. Well, not the stuff -- they'd prefer their own made up non-videotape version. But more or less, anything not having to do with on-the-field stuff. That's a reality I'm not sure they're ready to face, yet. OSU is going to be hellagood. As OP and Liney correctly predicted more than a year ago.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What about suspending dudes for a year like Hoke has done for Stonum and Hagerup?
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Exactly, every situation is different. I've got no issues with any of the discipline of the above examples.

Comment

• It's plain that Fitz and Clark are more important to the team. Circle of Trust. Is that how it goes? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                OSU is going to be hellagood. As OP and Liney correctly predicted more than a year ago.
                Most talented roster in the B1G this year, but how good remains to be seen. They were 12-0 last season but not really a dominant team. New faces on the front seven. Should slice through an easy schedule, which, if they do go to the MNC game, will not have prepared them at all for their opponent.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

It's plain that Fitz and Clark are more important to the team. Circle of Trust. Is that how it goes? LOL.
                  Stonum was the leading receiver on a team incredibly thin at receiver, and Hagerup was the best punter in the league last year.

Meanwhile Clark was a rotational guy (at best). So no, its not a "circle of trust." I still don't understand Clark's sitch, but it wasn't a circle of trust as far as I can tell.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

It's plain that Fitz and Clark are more important to the team. Circle of Trust. Is that how it goes? LOL.
                    not to mention the 1 game Fitz was suspended for was against 'Bama not Buffalo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      PB- You're one of the more honest guys here. If Urbs had a player that broke into a dorm room and stole a computer and then Urbs suspended him only one game, would that be a fitting punishment in your eyes?

maybe not... I probably would have suspended him for more .... but I don't know all the circumstances. I don't have an issue with Urbz suspension lengths ... I don't know all the specifics like Urbz would. Given that Stonum was at a position of need and was shown the door, I think it undermines Talent's argument. However, I am sure he doesn't see it that way.

My point is not related to the length of suspensions. Urbz has only been here for one season.. I think we need a larger sample.

Comment

• To be clear, I don't care about this stuff. However, the past month has seen a litany of posts from M folks, led by your intellectual benchmark, OP, that do purport to care a great deal about this stuff.

I simply enjoy the irony/hypocrisy/absolute videotape refutation, etc. i.e. -- mocking the shit out of the trolling.

New faces on the front seven.
                        The concern, if anyone cares, is LB, not DL. DL will be really good. For a long time. I doubt, however, that anyone cares, so there's almost certainly zero need to be more specific.

Comment

• The worry about Ohio is inexperience in the front seven, especially LB. They have plenty of talent everywhere so that inexperience will be sorted out by The Game, barring injury.

Comment

• OSU is going to be hellagood. As OP and Liney correctly predicted more than a year ago.
                            The place where we depart agreement is I think Michigan will be just as good in 2013. You give the standard ohio "harumph" when that is mentioned.

But, that's ok. Fully acceptable. That's why they still actually play the game, instead of leaving it in the hands of prognosticators.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• OSU has an easier schedule, they play Wisconsin & us. We play MSU, Nebraska, Ohio & ND...

There are some other non gimmies in there but recent practice reports have been very glowing on both sides of the ball for M; something I haven't heard since '07. Gardner is impressing everyone, saying he looks like he could be done with college football after this season. M still needs him to stay healthy but the same is true of the Buckeyes QB... Gardner isn't just impressing throwing the ball but he knows when to scramble, evade rushers and the running game has come a long way since last season.

Defensively they'll play tougher competition than they did last season but I expect them to perform just as good if not better. Young talent is really stepping up, Ross is looking like a playmaker rather than just a solid linebacker, Countess returns and is the teams best cover corner. Frank Clark is getting as much practice hype as I've heard in years, like Gardner people are saying he could get 'national' recognition rather than B10 as he's even beating Taylor Lewan at times. Jake Ryan is probably ready around October. Desmond Morgan is a better MLB than OLB and he was awfully solid at WLB. With better corners in coverage, M's safeties will be able to do more ball hawking. We're going to see more pressure on the QB, more experienced LB play and some people feel the DB's are the best position group on defense.

Comment

• I can buy the hype about Gardner. He put up excellent numbers last year without good support from the rest of the offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X