Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
    Exactly the opposite. The Iowa offense doesn't have the wherewithal to score on long drives, make them try to do it and they will fail, last thing you need to do is take big risks against them.
    You're willing then to let Iowa make long drives and score 12 points burning clock while M scores 10 running its dinosaur mode offense in response, right?

Look, Iowa ranks 11th in total D, 14th pass D and 25th rush D. This is what Ferentz does. He's less concerned about offense taking what ever he can get while playing to his strong suit - defense. M is not going to score a lot of points, IMO.

So, in a game like this, I'd think the last thing you want to do is let Ferentz, at home, dictate the pace and style of the game. Make his offense punt inside their own 40 by playing tough there. Give the ball back to M's offense so they can do that to Iowa ..... by a nice mix of play action, screens and a couple of runs when Iowa takes it's safety out of the box to defend that stuff.

I can see why your a Hoke lover, Who.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      You're willing then to let Iowa make long drives and score 12 points burning clock while M scores 10 running its dinosaur mode offense in response, right?
      This M offense (if Gardner isn't giving the ball away) scores more than 10 while Iowa is getting their 2 field goals or whatever. Don't give an offense with little big play ability the chance to complete one by playing risky defense, they won't be able to produce enough to keep drives going or score TDs, and you can always dial up pressure if they do.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Against nFw, Braxton Miller fumbled inside the 5 on the opening the drive of the 2nd half for OSU with the team losing 20-10. UFM had Guiton warm up and considered pulling Miller. Since that drive Miller has gone 66 of 82 (80.4%) for 808 passing and 9 TD and rushed for 201 yards and another 2 TD. And sat out almost 4 quarters. Offense is coming around a bit.

Taylor Decker injury not good news. An MCL sprain. Definitely can't afford any injuries on OL.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Purdue is all kinds of awful. Perhaps the worst B10 team I've seen in a long, long time.
          It's funny you say that because I was at the game and was thinking very much the same thing. 1997 Illinois was a terrible team and I saw us beat them 42-0 or something like that.

First time going to Purdue and prob not in a hurry to go back. They're having an awful year so I guess cut them some slack but there were a ton of empty seats at the start of the game; by the end of the 1st quarter it had filled in a lot. What is this? California? Purdue fans were funny though and pretty resigned to their fate. After we had the pick 6 and then went up 14-0 in the first 3 minutes of the game, Purdue got a first down on their next possession. Some guy behind me yells out "We've got more first downs than Ohio!".

Game atmosphere at the Northwestern game was significantly better. Ross-Ade isn't decrepit or anything, but it lacks almost any character. Much prefer the historic feel of Memorial Stadium in Champaign as far as these lower tier road trips go

Comment

• BCS musings....FSU pimps Miami grabs 2nd in BCS rankings for now.
            More bad news for Ohio....

A couple other notes from the BCS standings:

Ohio State continues to curse its Big Ten brethren. For the second consecutive week, the Buckeyes had an impressive win against a Big Ten opponent and made up no ground in the BCS standings. In fact, Stanford or Baylor could pass Ohio State depending on the outcome of those team’s games this Thursday.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• osu had better hope that UM suddenly gets its act together the next three games so that after their epic beatdown of Michigan, the SOS gives them little boost. Otherwise, osu is on the outside looking in, even with an unblemished record.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Come on schmuckeyes, pull for Michigan. You know you want to. Let's hear it!
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Eh, Ohio State is still in the same boat -- 2 of the top 3 have to lose. Nothing has changed.

Comment

• Fickell headed to FAU! Appears Urbie won't have to fire him after all.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...replace-pelini
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I wonder if Ohio State fans have any concept of how insanely lucky they continue to be. I wish that we could have pawned off our shitty assistants over the past 15 years to mid-majors to avoid firing them.

Comment

• UFM is well-aware of the interview and not discouraging it.

Comment

• Well, Debord took the CMU job, failed miserably, and then was welcomed back to UM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            I wonder if Ohio State fans have any concept of how insanely lucky they continue to be. I wish that we could have pawned off our shitty assistants over the past 15 years to mid-majors to avoid firing them.
                            I'm not sure it's luck. They have a well-orchestrated machine in Columbus.

Comment

• Well, that's the nice thing about hiring assistants based on competence. It's easier to tell them they either need to pick it up or consider other alternatives.

When's your assistants are trusted confidants and wing-eatin' buddies, well, it gets harder....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                I wonder if Ohio State fans have any concept of how insanely lucky they continue to be. I wish that we could have pawned off our shitty assistants over the past 15 years to mid-majors to avoid firing them.
                                Wait until he ponies up for a house in civilized Palm Beach county, 500k in Columbus runs a cool 1.5M here.

Comment

Working...
                                X