Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Talent. Happy Harbaugh Day!

Comment

• Who's got it better than us?

NOBODY!
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
        Ahh, the oLIEo heathen and the woodsy Spitoons are showing fear.

As they should be, for Harbaugh is coming.
        My only fear is if they retain Mike Barwis. That guy killed us with fitness.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          My only fear is if they retain Mike Barwis. That guy killed us with fitness.
          LMAO

Comment

• Always. Fear. Barwis.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              .......... There's no question UFM-JH will be hyped to the Nth degree. It's a gold mine for Delaney and his upcoming TV negotiations. Whether it lives up the hype -- we'll see.
              That last sentence could prove to be prescient.

I do think the 2015 osu @ M game has the makings of a great contest fitting the title of The Game.

Let's keep in mind though, Harbaugh want 4-8 in his first year at Stanford, improving on the 1-11 record he inherited. He didn't have Luck that year but he did beat then #1 USC coached by Pete Carroll. Harbaugh and Carroll went on to have a notoriously chippy relationship.

I expect the same between Harbaugh and meyer to develop. Probably a lot like the relationship Woody and Bo developed after Schembechler delivered a stunning defeat of #1 osu in his first season as M's HC in '69.

My advice to you osu boys ...... 46 years later, don't come into AA ranked #1.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I remember feeling like this when Roy returned to UNC in April 2003. People expected UNC to compete for a natty in his first year. They were competitive in every game, but the bad habits and issues from the Doh regime took all of the 2004 and most of the 2005 season to fix. Yes, Roy won the title in 2005, but that team was completely different than the one he inherited despite it being the same personnel. Yes, comparing basketball to football is like apples and oranges, but I think the comparison is apt here.

There will be some improvement in year one, but year two will be the one when Michigan should truly return so long as talent is there (it probably is to some degree...you just have to utilize and coach it correctly).

Also, Hedge's MHF slept with Harbaugh when she was at UM. She says he has a small dick. He should fit in fine with OP.

Comment

• Really depends on the situation. Stoops turned around OU by year 2. Carroll did the same at USC. UFM did the same at Florida. UFM didn't lose until game 25 at Ohio State.

JH is walking into a roster that's pretty talented. Hoke recruited well. He developed poorly, but that can be remedied in short order. The thing he's missing is a QB.

In a lot of ways it's comparable to the Niners. The Niners had defensive talent out the ass. But Singletary was a complete numbskull who had completely lost the team. JH was able to get the defense to simply play up to its talent and he then made the move to Kaepernick to improve the offense. And he came within an eyelash of winning the SB before Petey essentially built the identical team only a little better.

He's walking into a M team that has top 4 talent in the conference, but needs some work.

As for the Bo-Woody stuff, there's only one 10-year war. We naturally view things through the prism of what has come before because, well, that's what we know. The future is usually different. M fans, in particular, are yearning for a return to Woody-Bo because that would be a massive step up. It's why there are ridiculous predictions about Hoke-UFM on this very thread.

Just as there is only one Ten Year War, there's only one 1969. Frankly, there's also only one Stanford beats USC as a 40-point underdog. UFM and JH will write their own history. It may fizzle. It may live up to The Game.

Finally, I understand the Pete Carroll references and such, and JH managed a .500 record against him, so that's nice. But, USC was a pro-style team. Stanford just out-toughed them. What I think is the better comparison is Chip Kelly. JH got Oregon once (even though they scored 42), but JH's best team got their asses run big-time by Oregon. That was a REALLY good Stanford team that finished 12-1 and they were up 21-3 on Oregon at the end of the 1st and Oregon finished on a 49-10 run. A total pasting. I remember that game because it was an eye-opener for me. I assume Stanford's Manball approach would, again, pound Oregon and was giddy at having Stanford +6 (I think) when it was 21-3! But whoa, the can of whupass Oregon opened on them was really impressive.

But, that was Stanford. JH will have better athletes on defense as he won't face the same recruiting constraints at Stanford.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Really cool breakdown of The Nick's Pattern Matching Approach (and its genesis): http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...g-pass-defense

There is no fucking way Cardale Jones can read that.

Comment

• There's no way Cardale Jones can read period.

Comment

• He was able to the read the instructions on how to open a can of whoopass when playing the Wolverweenies

Comment

• I was unaware Cardale Jones was responsible for that victory.

Comment

• Michigan was licking its greasy chops. It had successfully, brutally, and cheaply ended JT's season. You could see the gleam in Coach Hoke's greedy eyes. A sneer appeared on the lips of Coach Mattison. He stared across the field, a long, hard, cold stare, directly at Cardale. As if to say "We just broke your quarterback. What the fuck do you think you can do about it?"

Cardale showed him. Clipboards were thrown down. Snarls of impotent, frustrated rage erupted from the Michigan sideline. Players screamed at each other, furious that they had ever listened to that fat fool who had visited their living room and burped his sweet lies

It was a beautiful day

Comment

• Cool story!

Comment

• That's how I remember it.

Comment

Working...
                                X