Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I missed a roundtable on ESPN with Brady Hoke, Brian Kelly and James Franklin discussing the Championship game. One of those things is not like the other, but I digress. Apparently Hoke is now back to "Ohio State" during his paid vacation.

Anyway....OL was a huge surprise and key to season. Yay, Warriner!

And from other outlets, JH is rooting for Ohio State and referring to Ohio State as Ohio State. Big doings!
    Last edited by iam416; January 8, 2015, 01:34 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• All part of the setup. The Ambush.

Comment

• JH is playing 3D Chess and the rest of CFB is flinging poop at each other!

Comment

• Emperor Harbaugh - peace be upon him.

Comment

• No need for any honorific. Harbaugh. That's enough. PBUH.

Comment

• STFU...Now go away or I will taunt you a second time...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Coach Hoke picks "Ohio" to win on Monday. Fuck me sideways. No amount of rationalization and false hope-building will get me past that ultimate hex voodoo.

Comment

• That's the kiss of death right there, Michael Corleone Cuba-style.

Most thought he was holed up somewhere knee-deep in scotch bottles and Krispy Kreme boxes.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Coach Hoke picks "Ohio" to win on Monday. Fuck me sideways. No amount of rationalization and false hope-building will get me past that ultimate hex voodoo.
                    Oh, fuck. I'd offer my condolences but I hope Oregon wins by 100. Still, that's an awful blow to take. Like being invited to a meeting in a corn field with Joe Pesci and his brother.

Comment

• Not sure what all the big deal is about the "ohio" thing.

When their band takes the field, what do they spell?

Hint: Its not Ohio State.

One of the biggest traditions of Ohio fans everywhere, is when four (4) of them stand around and spell "ohio" with their bodies.

So, what's the big deal if Michigan gives that to them? Isn't it what they want?
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I agree, Liney. Indeed, from the fight song:

Fight the team across the field show them OHIO's here

There's an interesting trademark history between Ohio and Ohio State and who has trademark rights to Ohio, if any. Well, interesting if you're a trademark lawyer. Ohio State spent a ton of time arguing that people identify Ohio as Ohio State. I believe OU ended up prevailing because in the state, most people identify Ohio in the education context as OU.

Anyway...it's actually been fought over!

I think the only thing that OSU fans didn't like about it was that it was clearly manufactured by Coach Hoke as a jab at OSU. But, eh, it was harmless.

Comment

• "I think the only thing that OSU fans didn't like about it was that it was clearly manufactured by Coach Hoke as a jab at OSU. But, eh, it was harmless."

No different than Oscar Meyer's carrying on the fat punchless bag of hot air"s tradition of referring to UM as "that school up north". Juvenile both ways.

Comment

• Well, it's difference insofar as the "the school up north" has almost become a tradition and the "Urban Myth" (as you've referred to him) is merely carrying it on.

Woody starting it 60 years ago is basically no different than Hoke starting his Ohio thing in 2011. I'd agree with that.

I will say that "the school up north" isn't describing Michigan with the name of another school. That's what I always found a bit odd about the "Ohio" thing is that there is an Ohio. It's like calling Michigan State....Michigan....or Penn State....Pennsylvania....it's odd.

Comment

• The line is down to 6 for the game after opening at 7 (almost 7') despite the fact that 75% of the betting public is on Oregon. The "sharps"/big money is on OSU. Very similar to the Sugar Bowl betting pattern.

Me, I'm Joe Public so I like Oregon -6.

Comment

• The line is down to 6 for the game after opening at 7 (almost 7') despite the fact that 75% of the betting public is on Oregon. The "sharps"/big money is on OSU. Very similar to the Sugar Bowl betting pattern.

Me, I'm Joe Public so I like Oregon -6.

Comment

Working...
                                X