Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska ('95) was the best team I've seen, they were unstoppable.

Comment

• It seems obvious now but back in '95 nobody was viewing them that way. Most pundits predicted that Florida would run them off the field in the NC game.

Comment

• yep... Corso said Florida would win because the game was on grass. UNL didn't play on grass (I guess he didn't realize the practice field was grass..)

That analysis right their defines ESPN, imo.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I thought they were that good back then, nobody has been more impressive (imo) since. My 'history' isn't quite as long as a lot of others here.

Comment

• If Bruce Feldman says it's so, it MUST be!!!!

"Ohio State Untouchable Rest of Regular Season"

Get NCAA College Football news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You don't need to be a genius to figure that out as Bruce Feldman so perfectly illustrates.

Comment

• I don't see a loss on their schedule. Their road schedule is Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers and Michigan.

Comment

• Until the playoff the only team that can beat Ohio State is Ohio State.

Comment

• I can't even credibly sandbag the next 9 and I don't really care to. I haven't felt this good about an OSU team since 1998. Coincidentally, that team opened the season #1, opened on the road (against #10 WV) and eventually played Michigan State in Columbus.

I believe that was the last time OSU opened with a road game. Between that parallel and obvious HARBAUGH!!!! 1969 stuff, I have some material to work with for the final 2 games.

Comment

• You'll be 10-1 at worst coming in Ann Arbor, which should put you in great position to play in the CFP again.

Comment

• OSU's only issue this season will be focus and over confidence..
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• So, honestly, looking at the 9 games before playing the two Michigans, where can OSU lose absent some sort of extreme meltdown. There just isn't any. They could sleepwalk through the next 9 and win them all by 2 TDs.

Now, Michigan State and M are a different story. OSU will need to be good to win those games, but I doubt motivation will be an issue. However, I guess if they've been sleepwalking it may not be so easy to turn the switch. Last year they peaked at the end of the season. In theory, if they're not focused they could end up cratering at the end of the season. It'll be another challenging coaching job for UFM.

However, UFM is still undefeated in B10 regular season play. 24-0. There's pretty good chance he'll be 30-0 going into OSU's home game with Sparty. He's lost as many regular season games in his 3+ seasons at Ohio State as Mike Riley has lost at Nebraska. He has experience with this exact setup against a much harder schedule. He navigated it with ease until The Nick almost killed him. OSU won't play a 2009 Tide caliber team until the CFP (if they make it).

I feel good about things

Comment

• Wasn't '98 the infamous "Chokin' In The Horseshoe" game that led to NKOT's death at CNNSI...and subsequently Mike King booting THE_PROPHET_ out of the message boards?

Good times.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Man, that was so long ago that UNL was even good then.

Comment

Working...
                                X