Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    I don't expect O-Lie-O to get SMU-like sanctions. The NCAA doesn't have the testicular fortitude to do something like that again.

I do expect that some wins will be vacated, perhaps a mild reduction in scholarships, and maybe even a repayment of some bowl revenue.

But to me, just the embarrassment alone is payment enough. I don't care what the NCAA does from here.
    Neither do I. Just knowing that Tressel's "Good Christian Man" act has been irrevocably exposed is enough for me.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
      I wonder if Fickell would dare to make a strong character move and determine that the Tat Five got off too easily and extend their suspensions?
      Fickell will be under pressure to win. He's going to want everybody in the fold that he can get. Remember, the only barometer in Columbus is what you do against Michigan. He will want all five come November. That is, if he wants to become the permanent HC.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        I don't expect O-Lie-O to get SMU-like sanctions. The NCAA doesn't have the testicular fortitude to do something like that again.

I do expect that some wins will be vacated, perhaps a mild reduction in scholarships, and maybe even a repayment of some bowl revenue.

But to me, just the embarrassment alone is payment enough. I don't care what the NCAA does from here.

That's the only thing that matters to me out of those 3. I guess that would mean a few less cars "sold" in stinktown.

Comment

• The good news for Hoke is that winning doesn't matter at Michigan and so long as he's a nice guy, visits a few kids in the hospital, donates some Michigan gear to the Salvation Army, openly weeps at how much he loves being at Michigan, then he can pretty much keep his job forever.

Michigan values integrity, not winning mere football games.

Comment

• For all we know, Tressel not resigning immediately and Gordon Gee declaring "I hope that he doesn't fire me" might weigh more with the NCAA than Tressel's resignation today. The fact that OSU didn't can Tressel immediately shows that they don't care about compliance or following the rules.

Is there another case where a program has managed to avoid severe punishment by throwing a dirty coach under the bus?

Comment

• U-M: Win with integrity!
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Michigan values integrity, not winning mere football games.
                Keep coming toward the light, Strangelove.

I'd only add one word to that statement.

"Michigan values integrity not JUST winning mere football games."
                Last edited by lineygoblue; May 30, 2011, 09:42 AM.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd much prefer men of honor representing UM than slimeballs that win, an attitude devoid at osu.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    The good news for Hoke is that winning doesn't matter at Michigan and so long as he's a nice guy, visits a few kids in the hospital, donates some Michigan gear to the Salvation Army, openly weeps at how much he loves being at Michigan, then he can pretty much keep his job forever.

ok..that was funny
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• FWIW I think Carr was "nudged out" or "urged out". It wasn't a hard core, "Lloyd, get the eff out!" kind of deal but he saw which way the wind was blowing and stepped aside.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        Neither do I. Just knowing that Tressel's "Good Christian Man" act has been irrevocably exposed is enough for me.

I'm sure there are still many blinded eyes down that way that think he has bravely taken the bullet for the scarlet and gray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Shocking news here, dsl: The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

• I ask again -- what precedent is there that indicates that OSU will get off easy because Tressel resigned?

Comment

• I hear since the sweatervest is now a fashion staple of the past in stinktown, the new coach is going to wear a Snuggie on the sidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                I'm sure there are still many blinded eyes down that way that think he has bravely taken the bullet for the scarlet and gray.

every fanbase is going to defend their own. that is what fans do..

I'm sure there will be a nice package given to JT as we walks away. I do think his reputation is damaged... badly. NFL probably will be his future.
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X