Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh King is visiting today, as well. OSU is already sort of stacked at DE for this class (assuming Bosa is eventually in), but I reckon they'd take one more if that one was King.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• F the wind. You go west of Columbus 10 miles and you're on the god-forsaken plains of despair when it comes cycling. Fighting the wind for 80% of the time and rolling like a rocket the other rest. Blah.

Agree. No point in going 10 miles west when you can stay right where you are and still be on the god-forsaken plains of despair. Sounds like good conditions for wind power though.

Comment

• Hard evidence that everything from ohio blows.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It's windy in Ohio because Kentucky blows and Michigan sucks.

Comment

• Every spring I'm reminded of how silly following recruiting in spring is. Heh. I would have had Michael Ferns as a lock. Now I'd rate him as a possibility at best because he appears more interested in PSU (or WV). Who knew a petroleum engineering program would be so key? Heh. Meanwhile, I would have had Justin Layne committed by February, but he may end up at MSU because he's not at the top of the WR pecking order for OSU. I need to update the 2016 list, but I'll keep it as is.

In 2017, it's hard for me to see Todd Sibley not at OSU, but hey, that's almost two years away!

10. Kareem Walker (RB -- OSU Verbal)
            11. Nick Bosa (DE)
            49. Demario McCall (RB -- OSU Verbal)
            62. George Hill (RB -- OSU Verbal)
            70. Jake Hausmann (TE -- OSU Verbal)
            71. Prince Sammons (SDE)
            72. Brendan Ferns (LB) (PSU?)
            82. Liam Eichenberg (OT)
            99. Justin Layne (WR)
            107. Jarrett Guarantano (QB)
            108. Donnie Corley (WR)
            129. Austin Mack (WR)
            135. Tristen Wallance (QB)
            154. Terrell Hall (WDE) (OSU Verbal)
            164. Jonathan Cooper (OSU Verbal)

Others OSU Verbals: Tyler Gerald (OG) (#192); Kierre Hawkins (HBack) (#282)

3. Josh Myers (OT) (OSU Verbal)
            10. Trevon Grimes (WR)
            14. Shaun Wade (CB) (OSU Verbal...heh....I'd be surprised if this one sticks)
            17. Bruce Judson (ATH) (OSU Verbal)
            48. Danny Clark (QB) (OSU Verbal)
            67. Marcus Williamson (CB)

Comment

• On hoops front, Derek Funderburk committed for 2016. Not sure what that class will look like. I could see some attrition maybe opening up spots in 2016, but right now that probably isn't a huge class. I'm feeling better about paint in the future though. No Amir+guys who aren't Amir=improvement.

Comment

• Cordale Jones has flipped out on Twitter again. The OSU playbook must be written in English & Ebonics, this shit is tragic. One would hope that OSU and Urban Meyer would make an honest effort to actually educate these lost souls. A mockery of college academics.

http://columbus.suntimes.com/college...s-twitter-rant

Last edited by Prime2; April 3, 2015, 06:26 PM.
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Good Cardale Jones interview from SI: http://www.si.com/college-football/2...nes-ohio-state

Cardale also had a nice TBT on his twitter account: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...e-and-we-learn and http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...infamous-tweet

Good stuff. Happy to see he finally gets it. He's not even 4 years removed from HS and still 21/22. I didn't get it when I was his age. Good for him.
                  Last edited by iam416; April 4, 2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Read those earlier, obviously SI had a ton of work to do to clean them up. Stark contrast when comparing his Twitter posts with the polished SI article, even they have minimum standards to adhere to.

Wikki has his DOB as: Date of birth 1992/1993 (age 22–23)

Perhaps If you can locate his father, he might be able to clear that up too.

This is not about Jones but rather the academic institution that prefers to exploit these young men (in the case of Jones, old) while ignoring their sacred obligations to educate them.
                    Last edited by Prime2; April 4, 2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• So since we can't say anything disparaging about Michigan football anymore, except in this thread (until liney feels like censoring this one too), let's talk the spring game

* Michigan has no RBs worth a damn
                      * Quarterbacks sucked today...but not to worry, a transfer from Iowa will be in Ann Arbor soon!
                      * WR looked pretty bad and dropped a bunch of passes
                      * Overall the offense looks to dominate the Big10. Harbaugh is the greatest football coach in the history of the game. He learned it all from Bo!

Comment

• For more detail!

Coach Jim Harbaugh declared Shane Morris Michigan's No. 1 quarterback heading into the offseason, while the defense intercepted three passes.

Comment

• I haven't seen it yet DSL, I guess no reason to watch now?

Don't worry DSL, wherever you popup, I will be there to whack you like a pinata.

Comment

• * Michigan has no RBs worth a damn

Drake Johnson is a fine back, but did not play recovering from surgery. Hopefully there are other running backs that will emerge come fall. Green and Smith have shown nothing for their tenure at UM.

* Quarterbacks sucked today...but not to worry, a transfer from Iowa will be in Ann Arbor soon!

No they didn't. Malzone played like he's never played a down at the CFB level before...wait, he hasn't. Morris played okay. Lots of dropped passes that weren't the qb's fault.

* WR looked pretty bad and dropped a bunch of passes

Yep, thats a fact. Lots of stuff to work on over the next 5 months.

* Overall the offense looks to dominate the Big10.

Put down your crack pipe, the offense will do no such thing. But the defense on the other hand...

* Harbaugh is the greatest football coach in the history of the game. He learned it all from Bo!

Can't disagree there. Its amazing how quick a dull witted schmuckeye picked up on that!
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Heh. Nicely done, DSL. The defense must be spectacularly good to slow down the offense of Alexander the Great-Weapons Grade-NFL Machine Inc. And, I mean, they did hold UFM's boys to 42. Thankfully Mattison is back to keep that continuity going.

I'll trust those that actually watched it. Way too nice outside to watch that thing.

Comment

• What do Utah, Minnesota, Rutgers, Penn State, MSU, Northwestern and Maryland all have in common?

They all held the vaunted Devin Gardner-led, Brady Hoke-coached Michigan offense to less points than the mighty boys coached by UFM.

Better shore up that defense, boys. November's coming.

Shoot, Michigan even scored more points against ohio than Oregon ... that can't be!
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X