Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    Oh absolutely.

I'm waving the white flag right now.

I think Jim Harbaugh should resign and get out of town while the getting is good. He needs to avoid the embarrassment of coaching a six-decade-long nationally irrelevant team, and get back into the NFL where he belongs. He can't have his name besmirched by such a losing program, with absolutely no hope of ever getting past the leviathan that exists in Columbus.

I totally surrender. Michigan is lower than pond scum. Cancel the series now. Maybe we can play somebody like Pepperdine or Stetson University at the end of the season ...

#PleaseHarbaughsurrendernow
    Never lose your sense of humor Liney, suppose there's nothing left but dying at that point.

We've heard from the peanut gallery ad nauseam for years that Michigan is broken and it will take years to stem then reverse the tide.

Personally I prefer to put a ton of credence in those that were paid millions of dollars at the highest level of their craft, namely John Madden.

"Michigan didn't just hire a great coach, they hired the best coach their is." Pro Football Hall of Fame, Super Bowl Victor XI

Anything less are just countless opinions expressed by rank and file amateurs that have never tasted success or competed at the highest levels in life.

College football has several examples of HCs that have replaced fire coaches only to win it all within their 2nd or 3rd year. I fully expect JH to climb to the top of that list in record time.
    Last edited by Prime2; April 5, 2015, 01:54 PM.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      My position is vacated.

Frankly, this is surprising. My gut tells me the rivalry games come out pretty even regardless of who the favorite is. Clearly, in the case of The Gme, that is not correct, not even close.

I think I extrapolated results in major bowl games which I know shows most teams to be about .500 when playing equally good competition.
      You're absolutely still correct about The Game being very close most of the time even when on paper it shouldn't be, but to Talent's point from a historical standpoint the favorite still wins the majority of the time. So using the combination of both points, we can expect a 3 point OSU win .

Comment

• Hey, Urban! This ain't the SEC!:

"It's ridiculous," Cocoa High School coach John Wilkinson told Northeast Ohio Media Group. "It's totally wrong to do this to an 18-year-old kid who should be in high school, who you talked into coming up there early. You can't treat people this way."
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• So he's going to have his entire college paid for but the doctors won't clear him to play because his injury is too serious?

His HS coach appears to be saying that a college degree isn't the point of going to college

Comment

• This is the pool you need to swim in if you want to compete at that level. Plain and simple.

Comment

• From the 2016 board, I'm going to say Justin Layne will not be a Buckeye (I think they have two other WRs they like better). I'll also say Liam Eichenberg will end up at ND -- another huge pull for BK. Damn him.

Also, with Dean gone, it seems remarkably unlikely that they'll hold onto Judson for the Class of 2017.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Quick word and I will not let this spoil my Palatine Hills, Italian Villa retreat vacation but Meyer needs to stfu.

Urbie should stick to screwing kids out of scholarships, oversigned by 3 or 4 schollies, only a couple more kids to F over. "Trust me son, it is in your best interest that I throw you off this team." LOL

Meyer will soon copy the NFL Pros, Harbaugh and their approach to college ball at least he should be honest about it.

Regarding satellite camps, similar to those Michigan and Penn State use, Meyer isn't exactly a fan of them, but admits it's something the team is considering doing this year. Meyer needs to get a lot more information about the actual success from these camps, and whether they pay off before making the final decision. He did say they wouldn't do it simply because other teams were, he needs more information that that. "If it helps recruiting," is really the bottom line.
                Meyer is hoping the NCAA actually outlaws these satellite camps and restricts recruiting to on-campus visits.
                Once players are disqualified (ie Jamel Dean, Armani Reeves, etc.) it is Ohio State's job to prepare them for life after college which is why they have hardship waivers. Meyer notes this isn't the old days where coaches could nudge the trainers into signing off on a player; with the increased attention on player safety, that's the type of thing to get someone fired in today's environment.
                Last edited by Prime2; April 13, 2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                  Quick word and I will not let this spoil my Palatine Hills, Italian Villa retreat vacation but Meyer needs to stfu.

Urbie should stick to screwing kids out of scholarships, oversigned by 3 or 4 schollies, only a couple more kids to F over. "Trust me son, it is in your best interest that I throw you off this team." LOL

Meyer will soon copy the NFL Pros, Harbaugh and their approach to college ball at least he should be honest about it.

Regarding satellite camps, similar to those Michigan and Penn State use, Meyer isn't exactly a fan of them, but admits it's something the team is considering doing this year. Meyer needs to get a lot more information about the actual success from these camps, and whether they pay off before making the final decision. He did say they wouldn't do it simply because other teams were, he needs more information that that. "If it helps recruiting," is really the bottom line.
                  Meyer is hoping the NCAA actually outlaws these satellite camps and restricts recruiting to on-campus visits.
                  Once players are disqualified (ie Jamel Dean, Armani Reeves, etc.) it is Ohio State's job to prepare them for life after college which is why they have hardship waivers. Meyer notes this isn't the old days where coaches could nudge the trainers into signing off on a player; with the increased attention on player safety, that's the type of thing to get someone fired in today's environment.
                  The ironic thing about pointing to the kid who was declared medically unable to play (assuming that's what you're referring to) is that it has been documented that the decision was made way back in January when he first got on campus (like it's usually done) and kind of pissed Urban off (or at least caught him off guard). I don't know about you, but if I were to kick a kid off the team I would go for an under-performing upperclassman, not a talented true freshman early enrollee from a Florida powerhouse from the same school that they have a 5-start kid already committed. And the ironic part I was refering to (and this has gotten WAAAAAAY less pub) is that one of the incoming freshman will now be grayshirting. And I'm assuming they did not come in with that intention. Just kind of funny that there is a case of potential shadiness, but everyone is pointing to the wrong case.

Comment

• Speaking of Shady, to date, why absolutely NO posts in the Detrot Lions Forum, zero, ever by BuckLion?

Seems all Buck and no Lion?

Meyer has no Pro game to step up, why not emulate Harbaugh and his NFL staff?

What is next, khakis and a red sharpie?

Comment

• They don't sell khakis in Ohio.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Freshmen aren't typically culled, especially when they need CBs AND it will do OSU no favors in trying to hang on to Bruce Judson.

Urbie gets extension through 2020
                        Worth. Every. Cent. When you're able to extend the 3rd best coach in the Big Ten East, you do it at all costs. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the 2020. This is UFM's 4th season at OSU and I was assured in 2012 by numerous M fans on this forum that he wouldn't be around for more than 5 or so and certainly wouldn't outlast Coach Hoke. So, the 2020 thing just seems silly.

Comment

• Talent - it's just to uphold the appearance of stability and longevity.

Comment

• Obviously.

Comment

• An obvious counter-punch -- HARBAUGH! UFM's performance in, say, 2015 is obviously a non-factor.

Right now, I would consider HARBAUGH's bonuses virtually guaranteed. Barring catastrophic injuries, can't really see things going any other way.

Comment

• talent ..... do you know if ufm has a clause in his contract that says he will be the highest paid coach in the Big Ten or something like that.

Saban reportedly has that but his is nationally if I've got it right.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X