Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree...

From '97 - '06 M went 96-28 (.774), average season would be 9.6 wins, 2.8 losses and was #2 in winning percentage, just one win behind Ohio (97-28, 776)...

Since '08, M is 46-42 over 7 seasons, tied for 65th with Oregon State...

Comment

• Since '08, M is 46-42 over 7 seasons
      This is really an unthinkable number.

From '97 - '06 M went 96-28 (.774), average season would be 9.6 wins, 2.8 losses and was #2 in winning percentage, just one win behind Ohio (97-28, 776)...
      Yeah, those aren't "smooth" years for Ohio State. If I were doing OSU, I'd do 1993-2000 (Good Cooper to his ultimate downfall) and then Tressel (2001-10). That 10-year stretch catches Coop's final 2 years and Tressel's first -- a 3 year swoon of suck. I'd probably rate M a hair above OSU for that 10 year stretch based on consistency. But they were basically even (a NC apiece, 1 win apart, 5-5 HtH...M may have had 1 more B10 title...not sure).
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• As I generally mock reliance on unrelated historic occurrences to predict the future, I feel a bit dirty sharing this, but this has been making it's way around the OSU forums:

1955 Heisman Winner: Hopalong Cassady (OSU-RB)
        1975 Heisman Winner: Archie Griffin (OSU-RB)
        1995 Heisman Winner: Eddie George (OSU-RB)
        2015 Heisman Winner: ?

In this day and age, a RB is up against when it up comes to the HT because QBs are putting up video game numbers. Boykin would be my bet today.

Comment

• Every day Harbaugh wins the news cycle, the footsteps get louder.

Comment

• Season can't get here fast enough. I'll take it, but I've had enough of winning the news cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Before you know it, M will be back to cranking out 8-4 seasons like a fucking metronome. They're BACK!

2015 Ferarri FF, that is what 295K of hard earned dollars will buy yah. Who we kidding, I guess some and really only a select few.
              Last edited by Prime2; July 17, 2015, 03:23 PM.
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Can you please help him settle down a bit then? He's gone a bit nuts. He's our Lady MacBeth now.
                yea.. we weren't the best at that either..
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• UFM's big summer event -- Friday Night Lights -- is this Friday. Lots of visitors and such.

Jerron Cage, a 2017 DT from Cincinnati committed ahead of the event. That gives OSU 8 commits for the 2017 class, 2 5* kids and 6 4* kids. The 247 rating for the current 8-man 2017 class wold rate 5th best in the B10 for the 2016 class. Heh.

Ol' Urbz is choosing, not recruiting.

Comment

• With Bosa making his commitment public, Ohio State is currently defending CFP undisputed champs, clear preseason #1, ranked #1 in recruiting for class of 2016 and ranked #1 in recruiting for class of 2017.

I realize things are about to come crashing down, but things are decent now.

Comment

• Yeah but you are not #1 in the all important coach category.

Comment

• It's a house of cards, I admit.

Comment

• That's always the 1st step.

Comment

• Braxton to play WR.

Comment

• Too fragile to play QB, suspect he came to that realization a few surgeries ago.

Don't worry, you are in good hands with MLK CJz at the helm, what an assclown and an embarrassment to post-secondary education in this country.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• In the 247 Composite, Ohio State currently at 273.54 with 18 commits.

In the past 10 recruiting cycles (2006-15), only M's 2012 class (275.89) and 2013 class (289.17) rank higher for non-OSU B10 teams. I'd be surprised if any B10 team tops that number this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X