Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent, we've had $500 riding each year over the last two games, care to make it a third?

Prime's all about "fast stackin' Benjamins".

Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 23, 2013, 07:57 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Oh yeah,
      Roby's case summary in Indiana.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Easy money, OP. Done and done.

Don't look now, but there just may be a surveillance tape for the Hyde incident. Heh.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I have to commend you, OP. You never stop flaming. Flame, flame, flame -- watch your team get assraped in November -- flame, flame, flame. There's something comforting in steadfastness.
          The Zapruder film meant jacksquat to President Kennedy in the end.

You say "flame", I say responsible sports journalism, how often you may have yelled and shook your fist at Walter Cronkite, only God knows. It's the price we are willing to pay for responsibly delivering the news.

$500 it is...you see Talent, Meyer will pay a heavy price for a laughable schedule, Buffalo, SDSU, Cal & Florida A & M, followed by road challenges at NW, Purdue & Illinios?

Indeed he will, it's known as AA on November 30th!

Comment

• I am just enjoying buck fans and Urbz squirm. Good show!

I love the predictions of anal violations, etc come November as the response, with no concern raised for why so many players are running into legal troubles under Urbz. Just business as usual in all CFB programs, same stuff happens at M, etc,etc .... Urbz and Ohio are no different, after all everybody kills.

Comment

• It would be refreshing if Talent just admitted that The ohio seems to have a few fuck-ups on the team. Instead, it is a game of Duck, Dodge, Dive, Dodge, Deny, Deflect.

Comment

• Dodgeball coaching legend "Patches" O'Houlihan.

Comment

• “I have a clear set of core values in place that members of this football program are constantly reminded of and are expected to honor,” Meyer said. “There are also expectations with regard to behavior. I expect our players to conduct themselves responsibly and appropriately and they will be held accountable for their actions.”

The interview was delayed at this point as several people in the room were overcome with fits of hysterical laughter.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    It would be refreshing if Talent just admitted that The ohio seems to have a few fuck-ups on the team. Instead, it is a game of Duck, Dodge, Dive, Dodge, Deny, Deflect.
                    Every team has kids who make mistakes. What Talent doesn't like to acknowledge is that there seems to be a higher frequency under Urbz's watch. Of course this is just a distortion of "facts" made up by M fans and the national media, who are envious of Urbz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      “I have a clear set of core values in place
                      Those values include: murder, hitting women, etc.

Frank expects his teams to honor it!
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• New York Times has Meyer's charade covered, nicely.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sp...anted=all&_r=0

"Many of the charges were typical of college campuses: under-age drinking, disorderly conduct, violations of open-container laws. But other, more serious charges included aggravated stalking, domestic violence by strangulation, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny and fraudulent use of credit cards, according to criminal record databases. Most of the cases never went to trial, the charges having been dropped or pleaded down.

The unsavory underbelly of the Gators’ football dominance was recently highlighted when Aaron Hernandez, a starting tight end on the 2008 national championship team who later played for the New England Patriots, was accused by authorities of committing an execution-style murder in Massachusetts. While at Florida, Hernandez had run-ins with the police in Gainesville, who questioned him and three teammates after a 2007 shooting and recommended a felony battery charge against him after a fight at a restaurant (the case was not pursued)."

"A roster on the university’s Web site lists 121 players, 41 of whom have been arrested, either in college or afterward, and sometimes both. That number included 16 players on that season’s final two-deep roster, nine of whom were starters, as well as a kicker, punter and returner. Several of those players went on to the N.F.L., and one, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, later won the Heisman Trophy playing for Auburn."

Comment

• Every team has kids who make mistakes. What Talent doesn't like to acknowledge is that there seems to be a higher frequency under Urbz's watch.
                          True. And where's your support? I mean (a) what's the norm; (b) what's UFM's track record at OSU; (c) what was his track record at Utah and BG.

We all know you and M fans think UFM is complicit (or worse) in murder and beating of women, so this thread is what it is. Don't parade around like you're any different from OP, who is at least honest about his dishonesty.
                          Last edited by iam416; July 23, 2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• LOL....

Not sure. We dont have all the facts. For Fitz, first offense and could already have been pled down.

Not trying to minimize DUI. But there are reasonable punishments that don't involve pushing this great FB player to the bench. Lots of lessons to be learned here and I have no doubt Hoke has fashioned a path to redemption that tested Fitz's mettle.

Comment

• LOL...

These kids are entitled to their day in court so to speak. Frankly, local law enforcement in this country scares the hell out of me. Many are poorly trained and paid, grossly incompetent and that goes for many prosecutors as well.

Often most get charged and the cops let the courts sort it out. Be prepared to shellout 5-10K to simply defend yourself against weak or erroneous charges. A travesty of justice for those that can't afford a proper defense or get terrible legal counsel, I say.

These kids deserve a rigorous defense.

Comment

• And, of course...

I don't think kids should get killed over poor judgment. At least not the first time. A small punishment is appropriate provided you make it crystal clear to them that the safety net is gone and what will happen if there's a strike 2.

For example, even though I think smoking up is a stupid ass reason to get kicked off the team, the fact is that the Honey Badger knew he was standing on the edge of a cliff and that one more F up would send him over. Dumbass rule or not, if you don't have the discipline to abide by it, then I'm not shedding too many tears for your plight.

And as a final thought on the matter, I do think it's hard on the coaches. They know these kids. They see how hard they work and how committed they are to the team. They probably think most of them are good kids and are probably right. They are quasi-parents, so it has to be tough on them, especially when you reach a point where you have to cut all ties.

Comment

Working...
                                X