Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always thought that in these situations you take your medicine now and get the youngster ready, while honoring seniors to the extent it can be done.

Comment

• Yes. If Bauserman gave them a better chance to win the B10, then start him. It may be that Bauserman gives them a better chance to win more games. But he can't lead them to the B10. Miller has the ceiling, even as a frosh, to get them to the CCG.

So, would I rather play steady Joe and lag home at 8-4, maybe 9-3? Or take a risk on Miller and maybe go 6-6 or 10-2?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Special circumstances. I could see the added utility in trying to win the B1G this year in hopes of extending the perception of the program vis-a-vis the rest of the conference. Though I would normally prefer getting the young QB his reps, in the long run you may be better off trying to win the conference.

Comment

• Interesting .....

If this kind of debate is actually going on among osu's coaching staff - strategery - I'd be surprised. I think CFB coaches bust their asses just trying to put in a game plan and get enough practice at it. They don't have time for discussions like this.

I would think Bauserman knows the play book the best and in practice makes the least number of mistakes. That's what my bet would be that they are going on when naming Bauserman as the starter.

But let's assume the debate is actually going on despite my doubts that it is. If I were in the midst of the stink that is the osu football program right now, working to try to get the program some positive pub, 6-6 is something I would work very hard to avoid. The press would never let osu off the hook and would try to make something out of this even though it means little. OTH, 8-4 which is immenently attainable with Bauserman managing a low risk game plan, will deliver decent, kind-of expected results, pub. The risk of a bust by trying to get to 9-3, 10-2 by playing the more dynamic QB, Miller, just isn't worth it given osu's troubles, I would think.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ohio State, as a program, certainly has a pass to go 8-4 this season. Luke Fickell, heh, well, his position may be a bit different.

But, I agree -- I think they obviously think Bausermann gives them the best chance to win at the moment. They're not dolts. They want to win.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think Fickell probably wants to carry the charade of his coaching career at ohio until at least December. To do that, he probably has to win 9 games, including at Michigan. With that, the pooh-bahs at OlieO will probably grant him the opportunity to coach in the bowl game, before firing him.

If he loses the bowl game, that will give them all the ammo they need to fire him ...

If he wins the bowl game, it will be interesting to watch the spin as Gee and Smith try to weave a case for firing Fickell, so that they can bring in their dreamboat Urbie Meyer ....
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                OL & DL lines are better than Ohio State's , although Harris will try to give the game away repeatedly OSU drops the first of four or five this season, enjoy and BTW thanks Jim Tressel.

DSL, you strike me as a Riverboat Gambler, care to place a wager Canes/BuckNuts? Time to put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

• OP doesn't do avatars. OP does cash!

Comment

Why not go all the way and order a Shirley Temple while you are it?!? Chance to more than double your Church Bingo winnings....and here I thought he just might grow a pair.

Avatars it is.....forget the spread, straight up win / loss.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Agreed that if Meyer is available they won't pass on him. Nor would they have to spin anything if that was their choice. Everyone would take Meyer over Fickell unless something ridiculous happened. But do you really think they would wait until after the bowl game? Yes there were busy covering up violations last year but surely they had perhaps a minute or two left over to notice Dave Brandon, his ``process'', and how it caused alumni to behave and kids like Dee Hart to go elsewhere. I'd be willing to bet they'll know even before losing to us whether Meyer is available, and will make a move quickly after the game.

Comment

• Meyer is not going to OSU, once a Floridian, always a Floridan. Not a chance in hell of getting his family to jump at "C-Bus".
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Dymonte Thomas on the class of Schmuck fans:

"A lot of people here at the Louisville game were yelling 'O-H-I-O' and saying how bad Michigan sucks and everything, but I just let that go in one ear and out the other," he said. "I think a lot of people are just mad because they didn't get the chance to be in that predicament to choose between colleges. I went with my heart and I felt what was right."
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• In Ohio they are not humans who play football -- they are grist for the mill.

Comment

• Who's the last coach Michigan had that was actually from Michigan? Bump Elliott? Yikes. That state only produces mediocre football minds. No wonder you have to hire Ohioans any time you want the job done right

Comment

• We even get our Russian mail-order brides and Filipina nannies from Ohio. They come north to seek asylum, motivated to improve their working conditions after reading ``Life Promises for Success: Promises from God on Achieving Your Best.''

Comment

Working...
                                X