No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins hire darkhorse OC Philbin of Green Bay as their new HC.

Sorry Liney, it's OK if you just want to be left alone. Miami is the pulse of the state baby. Wouldn't you rather have a 110 lb Latina Co-Ed walking on you back while relaxing on the beach?
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 20, 2012, 11:21 PM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Have to say doesn't that blue fleece top compliment tressel's silver hair?

Stan any comments on your beloved colts?
      Last edited by geo weidl; January 20, 2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• It is absolutely amazing how far the Colts slipped in just one year. The big issue in Indy isn't who will be the next coach, but whether the Colts will keep Peyton on the roster and pay him 28 mil. that he gets March 1. If they do and keep the first pick a hell of a lot of the salary cap is eaten up by two players possibly playing the same position. What the Colts do with Manning will tell a lot where this team is headed. Odds here seem to be about 60/40 Manning stays and the Colts draft Luck.

Comment

• Rumour is Peyton maybe retiring from football, any legs to that?

Comment

• Everybody involved including Irsay and Peyton's dad say that rumour is false. It apparently started from a tweet by Rob Lowe who is a personal friend of Jim Irsay.

Comment

• Just watched a piece on Harbough on espn, his motto for his team is......"the team the team the team." Im all 49ers the rest of the playoffs.

Comment

• As I understand it Manning has had 3 neck surgeries: two disk removals and now a fusion and after the 3rd operation it was reported that there were still pain issues. He will be 36 in march. I think there is a gamble here if elects to return. If he sustains more trauma to his neck the outcome could be really bad. If he were in my family I would advise him to quit while he is ahead.

Comment

• Maybe he can still play another season or two and then call it quits, but I doubt he will be as effective from what I've read about those injuries and surgeries he's undergone.

Doc, as one of my resident fellow old-timers here, and knowing what you know as a doctor, what or how much do you know about the greatest of all the Colt QB's (Johnny Unitas) and the injuries he suffered? I remember seeing him on TV during the twilight of his career and in film clips ever since; as he got older his throwing motion made it look more and more to my uneducated eye like he, too, had had some neck injuries during his career. Not only that, but Manning's throwing motion last season was slightly reminiscent (to me) of Unitas's toward his career's end.

Comment

• There is also a 10% loss of mobility from his last surgery, the Colts have NO choice but to draft Andrew Luck, possibly another franchise QB for the next decade.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I was hoping to see Manning lose to Brady one more time in the post-season. I guess I may have to settle for Eli.

Comment

• If there is any danger to playing, Peyton is an idiot to come back. He's already hurt in a way that is likely to keep getting worse as he ages. He's loaded and has won a Super Bowl. Get out while you still have some ability to move around Peyton. You don't want to be one of those guys who is crippled the rest of your life because of football. No one is going to knock him for not playing due to a neck/spine injury.

Comment

• If his doctor has advised him to give up football, he needs to get out. Its not worth a permanent injury to play for another year or two. Manning has proven that he's one of the best QB's ever in the NFL.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't know anything about Unitas's injuries. As for Peyton, the thing that worries me is the fact he has had a fusion in his cervical spine. When two vertebrae are fused that segment becomes immobile and additional stress is placed on the adjacent segments of vertebrae and their supporting ligaments. I think that increases the risk of an injury to the spinal cord. I am no expert on this but common sense seems to dictate some discretion here.

Comment

• Peyton's doctors have cleared him to practice.

Comment

• Stan---I saw a post a while back indicating you to be a Colts fan.

I earlier posted my "bait", referring to Johnny U as the Colt's best QB ever----your thoughts, barrister?

Comment

Working...
                                X