No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• besides that, Stan, any knowledge of Unitas and his injury history?

Comment

• I moved to Indianapolis eleven years ago so I'm a bandwagon Colts fan. Growing up in Berrien County, Mi, I grew up a Bears fan. I think this last season has shown that Manning is arguably the best Colts QB ever. I have no clue about Unitas's injuries as I never followed the Colts as a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
        I moved to Indianapolis eleven years ago so I'm a bandwagon Colts fan. Growing up in Berrien County, Mi, I grew up a Bears fan. I think this last season has shown that Manning is arguably the best Colts QB ever. I have no clue about Unitas's injuries as I never followed the Colts as a kid.
        Berrien county? That's where I've been for the last 12 years, at the northern edge of Berrien Co., near Watervliet and Coloma. Did you practice law in the St. Joe/BH area, or were you in the south county area?

Not at all a Colts fan, I've always proclaimed that they shall be cursed until and unless they move back to Baltimore. No franchise move has ever been as underhanded as the one made by the Irsay family when they snuck away under cover of darkness ...

Comment

• I grew up in Niles and practiced for the first five years in St. Joe before moving to Detroit in 1980 and joining Harry Philo's firm. one of the most premiere plaintiff's firms in the country. I left in 99 to start my own firm. My closest friends still live in Berrien County. Judge Lynda Tolen was married to my best friend and was my ex-wife's college roommate. (I know you know whom I 'm talking about)

" No franchise move has ever been as underhanded as the one made by the Irsay family when they snuck away under cover of darkness ..."

In my opinion Jim Irsay is a chip off the old block of his father, Robert Irsay that made the move in the middle of the night while continuing to negotiate with the city of Baltimore. The Ravens park a Mayflower moving van outside the stadium whenever the Colts play ion Baltimore. Jim Irsay did basically the same thing--threatened to move the Colts to LA unless the city and county built him a new state of the art stadium at taxpayer expense and full control over perks such as parking and concessions. Irsay is a dumb shit that inherited the team from his father's estate after Robert Irsay fucked over his surviving wife.

Comment

• Yes, I am familiar with the name Lynda Tolen, from the local newspapers coverage of 5th District Court in St. Joe. The only local lawyer I've ever needed to hire is Brian Berger, who did a fine job for me handling my divorce a few years ago. I since have used his services for a minor matter one other time, and was again satisfied with his handling of that matter. Other than that, I try to stay away from the courts whenever possible!

Comment

• In my opinion Jim Irsay is a chip off the old block of his father, Robert Irsay that made the move in the middle of the night while continuing to negotiate with the city of Baltimore. The Ravens park a Mayflower moving van outside the stadium whenever the Colts play ion Baltimore. Jim Irsay did basically the same thing--threatened to move the Colts to LA unless the city and county built him a new state of the art stadium at taxpayer expense and full control over perks such as parking and concessions. Irsay is a dumb shit that inherited the team from his father's estate after Robert Irsay fucked over his surviving wife

Interesting stuff, especially the thing about the Ravens parking a Mayflower Moving Van outside the stadium when the Colts come into town. Not only that, but it sure looks like the younger Irsay learned well from his dad on how to work the system to get your way. Even more reason, IMO, to hate the Colts

Comment

• It would be ironic if the Ravens actually did that with the moving van, considering slimeball, piece of shit Modell has no ground to stand on. Fuck Baltimore and the Ravens. They cry endlessly about how Irsay did them dirty but cheered Modell the "Savior".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  It would be ironic if the Ravens actually did that with the moving van, considering slimeball, piece of shit Modell has no ground to stand on. Fuck Baltimore and the Ravens. They cry endlessly about how Irsay did them dirty but cheered Modell the "Savior".
                  I have to agree---that move stunk, too---IMO, almost as much as the midnight move of the Colts. At least the NFL put a (expansion) team back in Cleveland and reserved the nickname "Browns" for them, but Modell ranks right down there with the Irsays as true dirtbags---and like most expansion teams, the "new" Browns have pretty much stunk from day one.

Comment

• If there was justice, the Browns/Ravens would have stayed in town and Modell could have been given an expansion team in Baltimore.

You know, back in the early 90's, lots of people thought the expansion choices of Carolina and Jacksonville were a little odd considering bigger markets like Baltimore and St. Louis were sitting open. That's because Modell and Frontiere and Bud Adams already had plans to move their teams and they wanted those markets for themselves, not some expansion team.

Comment

• Go Brady, make M proud!

Comment

• If he is healthy, Manning will be the starter in Miami next year, I think. Just an opinion.

Comment

• A lot of people here in Indy think you may be right.

Comment

• I think that is why the Indy owner fired everyone in the org. he knew none of them would be willing to dump Manning.

Comment

• No,,Irsay fired everybody because the Polians had drafted so poorly for a number of years and Caldwell showed he couldn't win with the talent he had, sans Manning.

Comment

• Could be. I don't really follow the Colts that much. I just figured the owner wanted Luck and the GM wasn't on board with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X