Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    ..... Actually he (DG) was pretty good through the end of 2013, but something happened to him over the off season that just broke him badly.
    The lasting, cumulative effect of Al Borges even when he was gone.

I do think he had some significant injuries that pretty much brought his athleticism to a screeching halt. I still blame Borges though.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• His offensive line got him pummeled regularly and he himself did him no favors with his awful inability to evade pressure.

Comment

• Recall how shaky his first start was against Minnesota. He came in with a combination of bad coaching, bad playcalling, and confidence. The third thing left him as it would any sane human in the position he was in.

Comment

• Going #1 in the NFL Draft , Jamies Winston [SIC] decided to do some celebratin' Baltimore-style with another free hookup of crab legs!

Tampa Bay made him delete the twitter pic but nor before the media seized on it. Wonder how long he will last in the Pros?

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Three years, tops.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• His rookie contract will probably be longer than three years. Even if he bombs, he'll kick around the league as a back-up for a while unless he goes full Ryan Leaf mode. One thing is certain: his rape victim and her civil lawsuit lawyers surely noticed his draft status. Fuck him.

Comment

• Josh Furman got drafted in the seventh round. And this was a guy who never got on the field for Hokeattison.

Comment

• My bet with these M late rounders is that will see talent developed.

Wish them all well and a couple of years with solid jobs and pay-checks.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The level of incompetence in that coaching staff was incredible. It's why I am indifferent to Mattison staying on. He had his share in that disaster. They had a future NFL late rounder riding the bench at safety (behind some mediocre players), who then transferred, moved to linebacker, and in one year earned his way into the late rounds of the draft by making plays. He had more sacks last year than anyone on Michigan's defense. Complete, epic, unadulterated talent evaluation FAIL.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; May 4, 2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• I always projected Furman as a WILL linebacker, his coverage skills coming out of high school needed more than a ton of work. He never grew (as far as I know) like I hoped into the 220 lb WLB I hoped but he always had special athletic ability that could allow him to play on Sundays...

It's a real black eye to the previous staff that they couldn't find a role for him, even as a reserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        ....... It's a real black eye to the previous staff that they couldn't find a role for him, even as a reserve.
                        I'm less inclined to blame Mattison for this than Hoke. Hoke had his stupidity finger-prints all over the defense.

Mattison knows how to fashion a defense, address weak areas with scheme and so forth. He has had a history of success here (as well as some pretty middling CFB defenses) but he has a track record and a pedigree. Hoke had neither.

I'm fine with him staying. Not because he is so frigging great but because he adds a huge amount of stability in transition. Besides, I think he is very happy with a secondary coaching role in the defense behind Durkin. From what I have heard, he is excellent at coaching players. As a unit coach, he's going to be pretty good I would think.

Comment

• I expect Brady to get some punishment after reading the Wells report. That report is about as damning as one can expect for such a trivial offense.

Comment

• Devin Gardner is a class act. It just pisses me off that his prodigious talent was never developed. I'm betting Rich Rod or Harbaugh would have made Devin a contender. Hokeorges? Just awful. Good God what these two did to M football.

Worth a read.

Comment

• A big story all over the national media is the football deflating scandal which now pinpoints Brady at the center of the event. His reputation may now be permanently ruined. I'm surprised we haven't seen much discussion about this here.

I have always been a huge Brady fan. Saw him throw his first pass when he entered a game in Ann Arbor as an unknown sophomore during mop up time. I didn't know who he was but vividly remember the rocket he threw downfield the first time he dropped back to pass.

The super bowl where he had victory snatched away during the Patriots' final drive by that weird interception by the Giants as time was running out always seemed an unfair intrusion of injustice by the football gods. I always thought Brady deserved to be placed in the same pantheon as the Steelers' Terry Bradshaw with 4 superbowl rings.

But now it sounds to me like Brady actually did compromise his integrity with a conspiracy to break the rules in this situation. Sad.

Comment

• The investigation shows that Brady "probably" was involved.

Which means (using the logic that Buckeyes taught to me in their defense of Jim Tressel), that he is perfectly innocent, there is no evidence whatsoever, and these charges are compeltely made up.

Comment

Working...
                                X