No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL, you're entitled to your opinion. Now STFU.

talent, I apologize for conflating Belichick's SB wins record with that of the Patriot's SB wins record.

Still, the Stiller's ancient football success has been superseded by the Patriot's modern performance due to Bill Bilechick and Tom Brady. Now, you too can STFU.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DSL, don't care about QBR. It's making the big plays when they are needed and Brady did that. Goff didn't. That was the difference in this game aside from the fact the NE coaches bitch slapped the Rams coaches.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Heh. "makes the big plays when it matters". That's one of those nebulous concepts akin to people voting on Gold Gloves for the same person year after year just because their gut tells them they're the best.

Objectively and statistically speaking, Brady had the worst Super Bowl of his career. It was obviously a below average game for him even looking exclusively at this season. Goff was horrible. It was the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history. Attempting to sell this game as one of the very best is...futile

Does anyone actually think that the Patriots had the best defense in 53 years of Super Bowls? Better than the Purple People,Eaters? Better than the Steel Curtain or 85 Bears?

Inept game-calling and offense does not not equal brilliant defense. The Rams gave up 400+ yards

Comment

• I don't like Fancy Stats, never use them to make my case.

Comment

• Eyeball test said no team in America could keep up with Alabama, as I recall

Comment

• DSL, don't care about QBR. It's making the big plays when they are needed and Brady did that. Goff didn't. That was the difference in this game aside from the fact the NE coaches bitch slapped the Rams coaches.
              Heh. I wonder how many big plays one could actually point to. I mean, given that they scored 13 total points. But the final sentence is quintessential Buchanan. It's like saying Ohio State's defense was the difference in the game against M aside from the fact that Ohio State's offense bitch slapped M's defense.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Yeah, well that's where we will differ. Brady's QB rating was what? About 70? Without really thinking hard about it I feel safe saying this was the worst Super Bowl performance of his career. He had a below average game (for him) and the Rams' offense was pure ineptitude. I'm sorry, the Patriots didn't simply turn into the Steel Curtain in two weeks. They were a mediocre defense all year, not great. Bad playcalling by LA and Goff playing terribly have as much to do with the low score as some sort of herculean defense by New England. Lowest scoring Super Bowl in history.

Penn State beating Iowa 6-4 was a close game too. And it was pure shit.
                Goff played terribly because the Patriots defense confused the shit out of him. Flores broke a lot of tendencies. While not the Steel Curtain, the Pats defense stepped up in the playoffs. I don't base the entertainment value of a game on a quarterback's QB rating. Wade Phillips has done well against Brady in the past. Today's fan wants fireworks, TDs on every drive, and a combined score over 100 points. Defense wins, and pitcher's duels are worth watching, too. It's a matter of perspective.
                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; February 6, 2019, 03:53 PM.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

Goff played terribly because the Patriots defense confused the shit out of him. Flores broke a lot of tendencies. While not the Steel Curtain, the Pats defense stepped up in the playoffs. I don't base the entertainment value of a game on a quarterback's QB rating. Wade Phillips has done well against Brady in the past. Today's fan wants fireworks, TDs on every drive, and a combined score over 100 points. Defense wins, and pitcher's duels are worth watching, too. It's a matter of perspective.
                  Rocky- It was the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history. There's no era you can point to and tell me to have perspective because, somehow, all games used to be like this. They weren't. I will never proclaim a game in which one touchdown total was scored to be "great" or even "good".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

Pitcher's duels are worth watching, too. It's a matter of perspective.
                    YES. EXACTLY.

Comment

• it was the worse because we could have been treated to new Orleans Kansas city

but a blown offsides and roughting the passer and pass interference jilted the public into watching the snoozebowl instead

much more palateable with romos commentary

and from a playcalling prospective defensively there was a lot of hardhitting and hustling plays but one can only watch so many punts no matter how skifful they were at pinning the opposition back

Comment

• That Super Bowl was terrible, it was like watching the Spartan games in the last month of the season. The Rutgers/MSU game was more exciting than that turd and the Rutgers/MSU game was UGLY.

Comment

• Generally correct, but overreaching. No game involving Rutgers should ever be touted as preferable to anything. Ever. Including maliciously slow execution. Or being locked in a room with The Wizard for 3 minutes.

Comment

• I just call them like I see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Generally correct, but overreaching. No game involving Rutgers should ever be touted as preferable to anything. Ever. Including maliciously slow execution. Or being locked in a room with The Wizard for 3 minutes.
                              Are you denying our 15 minutes in the O'Hare bathroom?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You mean when you tried to "wide stance" me and went fleeing from the restroom mid-shit?

Comment

Working...
                                X