No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way the Summit-Stark County battle for supremacy is more than 25 points. Akron has pride. They're not just going to roll over quit. This isn't M football.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• WAGON WHEEL PRIDE!

Comment

• It just means more.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Zips have Zip!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• More MACtion tonight:
            Attached Files
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think I'll binge watch more Lucifer on Netflix instead...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I like "Maction" but I'm not a fan of midweek CFB. Taking in a Fall Saturday afternoon in Mt. Pleasant at a CMU game is still something I enjoy a lot. Tickets at the gate can still be had on game day for $12.00 and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. You can still park in the shadow of the stadium for about $8.00 and take up more than one spot with your tailgate at no extra charge.

Tonight's games, I think Ball State swishes N. Illinois, Western edges Central, and Toledo handles Eastern.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If I’m at home and watching TV, CFB will get a look if there isn’t NFL, MLB, or college basketball on. I prefer it to most mid week non-sports programming.

I’m good with the fact that others don’t share that same love. And, likewise, I will go out of my way to watch the Bounty Paper Towel Bowl or whatever.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    I like "Maction" but I'm not a fan of midweek CFB. Taking in a Fall Saturday afternoon in Mt. Pleasant at a CMU game is still something I enjoy a lot. Tickets at the gate can still be had on game day for $12.00 and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. You can still park in the shadow of the stadium for about $8.00 and take up more than one spot with your tailgate at no extra charge.

Tonight's games, I think Ball State swishes N. Illinois, Western edges Central, and Toledo handles Eastern.
                    This is the precise reason that Warde should be petrified of the thought of Harbaugh insisting, like he appears to be doing, that he can correct whatever problems M football is experiencing.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If all three Michigan MAC schools were contending for the MAC championship, with sellout crowds, they might make a small dent in a poorly-performing Michigan team's attendance at home.

But still, even if Michigan was a perennial 6-6 suckbutt team, they'd still draw 75-80K at the Stadium. That's where they were at the end of Bump Elliot's career and Schembechler was brought in.

In fact, even in Schembechler's first 3-4 years, they were only averaging 80-90K. I remember going to Michigan games several times with our church youth group in the early 70's, and walking up to the gate and buying tickets to get in. We'd go to the section, and the ushers would tell us, "sit anywhere you like".

It wasn't until the later 70's and early 80's that Michigan started maxing out on attendance, and tickets got to be hard to get.

If CMU can keep Jim McElwain, I may consider buying season tix for them next year. That's one of the biggest problems in the MAC, is that they usually can't keep the good coaches around. They keep getting sniped by the P5 conferences.

Comment

• MSU v Maryland this week has been cancelled due to a Covid outbreak on the Terps.

Several Maryland players have the virus as does HC Mike Locksley, who reports that he only has mild symptoms.

The game will be ruled as a no contest.

Comment

• Michigan State players know a lot about "no contest".

Comment

• Two of the three MAC games were very fun last night. Tulane at Tulsa tonight.

Comment

• shaddup
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Exciting game so far. May see some points scored by the 4th quarter

Comment

Working...
                                X