No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Clemson just cancel? Worked for Wisconsin...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Totally weird CFB season made weirder by the BT's designed to fail scheduling.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Urban and the Fox Sports ‘Big Noon Kickoff’ team being quarantined this weekend. Fox’s NFL guys will do double duty. No detail on how they might have been exposed.

Comment

• Texas fans starting Urban Meyer rumors.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Utah State reportedly firing Gary Andersen.

I think Andersen may genuinely have some mental issues so I don't want to dog him too much, but talk about a guy who self-sabotaged a once promising career. He was a hot commodity after he turned around a Utah State program that had been terrible for years and got hired at Wisconsin ironically when Bielema also decided to self-sabotage his career. Andersen left Wisconsin, which can honestly be a dream job for the right guy, because he whined about the academic standards being too high. So he left on his own to Oregon State where he was a disaster. Utah State boosters clamored to rehire him and after 16 games, fired again.

Comment

• Liberty 38, VA Tech 35 (F)

Jason you're having a fun day

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Hugh Freeze will have a better job next year.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hugh is a lot of things. Not a great person, but he can coach. Ole Miss was tough to play under him. Like I said last month, he will get a bigger job next year, I would just prefer him to stay outta the SEC. would hate it if, for example, SoCar fired Muschamp and hired him. Ditto, Kentucky and Stoops.

Comment

• Clemson vs ND was an epic game last night. It doesn't matter much for the ACC because they will likely play each other again in the ACC championship game.
                    The question is... will the Playoff pick the loser of the ACC championship game over Cincinnati. Not sure if you have seen Cincinnati this year.... they are impressive.

Playoff projection right now IMO:
                    1. Alabama
                    2. Ohio State
                    3. ACC team
                    4. up for grabs (ACC championship game loser, Texas A&M, PAC12(?), Cincinnati, BYU, etc).
                    Last edited by Cody_Russell; November 8, 2020, 09:32 AM.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If Texas A&M wins out, they have a better shot (if Alabama is still undefeated) imo. Ditto Oregon. It will be interesting to see the top 4 reveal form the committee in a few weeks, though.

Comment

• 4th spot should be an interesting discussion with the way it's going.

Not sure if they can, but if I was BYU/ Cincinnati, I would call each other and schedule a game to play each other before the Playoff selection show. College football has been so fluid with the schedule this year, why not!

BYU vs Cincinnati December 19th. Make it happen!
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• After watching Florida handle Georgia yesterday, I'm not sure you can rule them out if they only end up with one additional loss in the SEC Championship game to Alabama. I'd put them in over an "undefeated" Cincinnati all day long. Cincy doesn't play a schedule that is worthy of playoff consideration.

If ND goes the rest of the way and only loses to Clemson in the ACC Championship, I think they'd get in over Cincy as well.

If BYU wants to be taken seriously, they need to join the Big 12 or Pac 12. If Cincy wants to be taken seriously, they need to join the ACC or SEC. I don't think the Big Ten would even consider them.

The way I see the playoff situation as of this morning:

1. Ohio State
                          2. SEC Champion , likely Alabama
                          3. ACC Champion, likely Clemson
                          4. ACC/SEC CCG loser coin flip. Both Florida and ND would have strong cases.

Its all moot anyway because OSU isn't losing this year. Not in conference play, not in the CCG, and certainly not in the playoffs.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Texas A&M wins out, their only loss will be to Bama AND they beat Florida.

Comment

• So, pencil in A&M in the #4 spot, and they lose to OSU in the 1st round of the playoffs.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Everybody is losing to Ohio State this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X