No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke hires Mike Elko, looks like Gattis is hanging around for a while.

Comment

• Totally cool if Gattis takes the Syracuse job opening in 11 to 12 months.

M's offense will be loaded next season barring OLine changes.
      QB, RB, WR, and TE(?) set. The important positions in QB and WR being very experienced.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• And Bell will be back, too.

Comment

• Totally loaded and they have maybe 1 losable game on their schedule only because Kinnick. They should be 13-0 and rolling into CFP.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Are we gonna have to listen to this schtick for a whole year?

I'm going to Kinnick next year, too. Hotel is already booked.

Comment

• You mean the truth?

Comment

• Offensive Depth Chart:

QB: Cade McNamara, JJ McCarthy
                RB: Blake Corum, Donovan Edwards
                WR: Ronnie Bell, Andrel Anthony
                WR Cornelius Johnson, Mike Sainrastril
                WR: AJ Henning, Roman Wilson
                TE: Erick All, Luke Schoonmaker
                LT Trente Jones/ Karsen Barnhart
                LG Trevor Keegan
                C Reece Atteberry
                RG Zach Zinter
                RT Ryan Hayes

Almost everyone is capable of returning, Schoonmaker & Hayes would be 5th years who might leave.

Comment

• Defensive depth chart:

DE: David Ojabo, Jaylen Harrell
                  DE: Taylor Upshaw, Braiden McGregor
                  DT: Chris Hinton, Mike Morris
                  DT: Mazi Smith, Gabe Newburg
                  LB: Michael Barrett
                  LB: Junior Colson, Kalel Mullings
                  LB: Nikhai Hill-Green
                  CB: DJ Turner, Darion Green-Warren
                  CB: Vincent Gray, Gemon Green
                  CB: Daxton Hill
                  S: RJ Moten, Jordan Morant
                  S: Rod Moore, Quinten Johnson

Comment

• I expect Ojabo and Hill to leave but that’s still a pretty good defensive unit returning. Offense should be VERY good.

Comment

• How long until Dan Lanning leaves Oregon for his "dream job" in the SEC or southeast? O/U 2.5 years.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I expect Ojabo and Hill to leave but that’s still a pretty good defensive unit returning. Offense should be VERY good.
                      Ojabo and Hill definitely gone... As they should being 1st RD draft picks 5 months from now.
                      They helped slay the dragon (Ohio State). There's nothing else they need to prove in college after this season is over.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Early signing day is today. HARBAUGH!!!! will likely clean up and solidify his hold on the B10. Unfortunately.

But, the big story will be just how big of a krakken was unleashed by NIL. The rules, being what they were and how they were enforced, still tamped down most of the money -- unfairly to the athlete, but whatever. With NIL there are no more rules. At least at the moment. And I'm fairly certain no B10 team is even remotely close to weaponizing NIL like, say, the Texas schools are doing or maybe USC. I think it'll probably end up hurting UAT in the long run because aTm and Texas just have way more money.

Then you combine NIL and the Portal. I don't I've ever seen a game change so much so rapidly.

Comment

• The portal is an unasked for disaster. What a terrible fucking idea.

Comment

• Made worse with NIL.

Comment

• I think the NILs will eventually settle down once companies realize they're pissing away money on busts.

Comment

• Michigan is likely to end up 3rd or 4th in the B1G, and somewhere between 10-14 nationally. They lost a commitment this morning to Texas who flipped a DT (Ethan somebody..) due to NIL. CRD will finish as the top recruiter in the B1G, as per usual, and Harbaugh will finish somewhere in the pack that includes TU95mKER!!!, and Franklin, along with Harbaugh. We'll have to wait on TU95mKER's class because he eschews the recruiting side a lot in favor of the portal.

At first, I liked the transfer portal idea, because that way a kid whose heart was elsewhere could move freely, rather than become a team cancer of discontent. Justina Boren comes to mind as a perfect example. I don't know if any such restriction exists, but I believe that a player should only be able to use the portal one time, in their four-year stint. If they transfer a 2nd time, they would forfeit their right to a scholly. But, that's just what I'd want.

The portal is the college equivalent of free agency in pro sports. Its going to get messy before it gets any better.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X