No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one that surprises me most is Fickell. Maybe he is waiting on the NFL.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He's waiting on the Cincinnati Moeller HS job maybe?

Comment

• Maybe. They lost in semifinals!

I think he has kids in school there. And I think there’s only one job he’d drop everything for. And that may be open soon if the clown show continues.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Notre Dame vs Ok State. I’m glad they got that matchup.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Maybe. They lost in semifinals!

I think he has kids in school there. And I think there’s only one job he’d drop everything for. And that may be open soon if the clown show continues.
              He wouldn’t drop everything for ND? Or Penn State? Surprising.

He’s not getting the OSU job unless Day goes to the NFL. He’ll have to make his peace with that.

Comment

• He won't be going to PSU because they just re-upped with Skinhead.

ND just hired its next "Rockne", so they won't be in the market for 2-3 years.

Day isn't leaving OSU unless they foolishly fire him. But then again, .. Ohio.

Comment

• Venables to OU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Miami's fired Manny Diaz, so they may have reached an agreement with Mario Cristobal

Comment

• Not a very smooth looking hire. The back channel discussions with Cristobal got leaked before they fired Diaz.

Comment

• Such is the life of CFB head coaches. Your job security is in the hands of 19-21 year olds.

It's a lot like the military. There's a chain of command that leads up to the CO. The CO directs and coordinates his department heads who then they direct the troops. Same sort of approach in the business world but there are interesting management hybrids these days that have moved past typical military organizational charts. CFB hasn't. It's just like the military and the HC, like the unit CO, is going to advance in rank for a job well done/mission accomplished or he gets relieved for fucking things up - career over. Manny Diaz pretty clearly didn't have good organizational or leadership skills based on the game day performance of assistants and the troops on the team.

Harbaugh was on the ropes at Michigan. He wasn't getting the job down. He fired assistants, hired new ones, energized himself and sharpened the leadership skills he has and here's where we are.... on the door step of playing for an CFB NC. Mission accomplished.

BTW, Harbaugh is a huge USMC enthusiast. When he was HC at SD State, he brought his players to Paris Island in SD, the USMC recruit training depot, and they ran through shortened versions, like a day's worth, of recruit training. Pretty cool.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cristobal should do a fine job at Miami (FL). Home town + excellent recruiting.
                          Could be shifting back to the early 2000s when USC and Miami (FL) were relevant. Now if only V-Tech made the right hire... hope so.

Interested to see what Oregon will do. Their football facility is the best... or at least it was as of a couple years ago.
                          Phil Knight can pay for anyone, but is there someone elite to take the job? IDK.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Miami's fired Manny Diaz, so they may have reached an agreement with Mario Cristobal
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oregon should go after Dana Holgorsen.

Comment

• Phil Knight/ Oregon needs to hire Kirby Smart this week if you ask me. Surely… Kirby wouldn’t turn down $20M per season.
                              Everyone has a price.

Jeff Tedford is a name I saw… that would be underwhelming. No idea! This coaching cycle is insane.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jeff

Parris Island is in South Carolina ..

There is a MCRD in San Diego tho ...

Comment

Working...
                                X