The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    All M has to do is TCB. Win out and they will be the 2 seed. Lose a game and watch the playoff from the couch
    Yeah, that's really what it boils down to. One loss eliminates them, especially if its OSU, because it comes late and is fresh in the minds of the committee. In the Vals case, since the loss happens today, and playoff selections are still a month away, the committee can be much more forgiving to them.

I agree Michigan has to win out in order to go to the playoffs.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It’s going to be wild. A lot of scenarios with the playoff field now.
      - Georgia. Is in.
      - Ohio State vs Michigan. Winner in Columbus is in. The loser at a record of 11-1 could be in if they lost a close game.
      - TCU. Is in if they win out. They probably won’t though IMO.
      - Tennessee. Could be in if they finish at 11-1. Then you get in debate of 11-1 Tennessee vs 12-1 PAC12 Champ.
      - USC or UCLA or Oregon. 12-1 PAC12 Champ could be in the discussion.
      - Ole Miss or LSU. Could be in if one of these teams wins out. Unlikely though.
      - Clemson or Alabama. Ha! Sorry, but barring absolute chaos, you gone!

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• CGVT's top 4

1 Georgia
        2 Michigan or Ohio State. Take your pick
        4 TCU
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Interested to see if Tennessee is ranked #4 on Tuesday. TCU #5. The playoff committee might do that… I don’t necessarily agree with it.

I think the final playoff field will be:
          1. Georgia
          2. Big Ten Champ (Ohio State or M)
          3. Tennessee
          4. PAC 12 Champ (Oregon, USC, or UCLA)
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Tennessee is, IMO, absolutely going to get in. It's not even that narrow. They are in ahead of the ACC Champ. Full stop. They are PROBABLY in ahead of the P12 champ. They are in ahead of Ohio State. They're in because they have some pretty good wins. Better wins than any of the othes, by far.
            Last edited by iam416; November 6, 2022, 07:21 AM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The CFP top 4, IMO:

1. Georgia

2. Ohio State
              3. Michigan
              4. Tennessee
              5. TCU
              6. LSU

My own top 6:

1. Georgia

2. Tennesee
              3. Michigan

4. TCU
              5. Alabama
              6. Ohio State

Last edited by iam416; November 6, 2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• And, finally, the CFP will be:

Georgia, Tennessee, M and P12 Champ IF 1-loss and if not, then a giant scrum of teams.

IMO, TCU will lose on Saturday, Maybe even the Saturday after, too.

I'm not sure the P12 champ gets home with 1-loss -- USC-UCLA play an elimination game and Oregon still has Utah.

The ACC is so fucking god-awful, they should be eliminated.

So, that 4th spot is up for grabs, IMO. I mean, if Ole Miss beats UAT this week, then they could finish 11-1 and play Georgia.

Comment

• sandbaggus to the endus
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Pac 12 Champ looking more likely; UCLA vs USC winner likely plays Oregon in Pac 12 CG... I had the Pac 12 pegged as a likely 2-loss conference champ, looking less likely. I don't think the conference is good but I don't see the committee passing on a 1-loss conference champion...

TCU still has some tough games left but they've some margin for error, I think they lose a game or even 2 as they've a tough schedule left. I like the Big XII more than most, deep conference in quality opponents (but really any elite teams?) so they can lose a game and still earn it if they don't lose the Big XII CG.

1. Georgia
                    2. M - Buckeyes winner
                    3. TCU (I think they lose @Texas next week)
                    4. Pac 12 Champ (Oregon vs UCLA-USC)

Tennessee & M/Ohio State loser most likely to benefit if Big XII and Pac 12 champs have 2-losses. Loser of M, Buckeyes needs a close loss.

Comment

• Tennessee is in

Comment

• Tennessee has Missouri, South Carolina and Vanderbilt left and won't have to play in a CCG. They'll be tough to keep out of the playoff

I would rather see a one loss PAC conference champ get in, but the committee luvs them some SEC...
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't think the top four have changed from what I thought 2-3 weeks ago. The top four are

Georgia
                          Ohio State
                          Tennessee
                          Michigan

You can put them in any order, I suppose, but those are the top four in the country. Tennessee got bounced yesterday, but not badly. I still think the committee takes 2 SEC teams before they'd take 2 B1G teams. Proven by past actions. "nobody wants to see M v osu rematch"

If Tennessee flops again, I could see a strong finishing PAC 12 champion getting in or maybe TCU if they are undefeated.

If Michigan loses in Columbus, and finishes at 11-1, they are DONE. NO playoffs. Proven past actions by the committee.

Tennessee at 11-1 could pass a 1 loss Michigan team. PROVEN past actions by the committee.

---

I'll be glad when the field expands to 12. It can't happen soon enough for me.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            I don't think the top four have changed from what I thought 2-3 weeks ago. The top four are

Georgia
                            Ohio State
                            Tennessee
                            Michigan

You can put them in any order, I suppose, but those are the top four in the country. Tennessee got bounced yesterday, but not badly. I still think the committee takes 2 SEC teams before they'd take 2 B1G teams. Proven by past actions. "nobody wants to see M v osu rematch"

If Tennessee flops again, I could see a strong finishing PAC 12 champion getting in or maybe TCU if they are undefeated.

If Michigan loses in Columbus, and finishes at 11-1, they are DONE. NO playoffs. Proven past actions by the committee.

Tennessee at 11-1 could pass a 1 loss Michigan team. PROVEN past actions by the committee.

---

I'll be glad when the field expands to 12. It can't happen soon enough for me.

Tennessee got their asses kicked much worse than the score shows.

Comment

• The problem is, that Oregon got their asses kicked by Georgia waaaay worse than Tennessee did. Georgia is just really, really good. There is no way they penalize Tennessee for losing at Georgia after they've won at LSU, beat UAT and, I guess, won at Pitt (Meh). And they absolutely destroyed UK (who is mediocre, but they whipped the piss out of them).

Neither Ohio State nor M have any win that even comes close that. They just don't. So the loser of that game is behind UT. Zero doubt.

The real question is whether a 1-loss Oregon is ahead of UT. Or a 1-loss TCU or 1-loss Clemson (assuming they all win their championships).

There's no way I could put Clemson ahead of Tennessee. The other two---I dunno.

But, UTK is gonna finish 11-1. And I just don't see the CFP saying, yeah, you had to play at Athens in a game we think ANY OTHER TEAM WOULD HAVE LOST TOO, so you're out.

Comment

• Tennessee's signature win was over a now two loss team, the squeeked by Florida and Pitt.

They are not that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X