The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    but the Irish will continue to pay him through 2015, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.
    Former AD Kevin White should be paying Weis ..... White is the idiot that agreed under pressure from Weis's people to sign a 10 year deal to "keep him happy" and not let him think about a run at a HC job in the NFL.

Stupid .... not that I think Brandon is an idiot like White but I can see how this might have been an issue down the road if Harbaugh had agreed to come to Michigan instead of go to SF.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Appalachian State has been talking about moving to D1 since I was there. And I graduated in 1997. I'm not sure there ever going to be "ready", and I'm not sure they have the average attendance numbers to do it. Program wise, they can. Dollars/attendance wise, not so sure.

Comment

• Takes 'money' even to be a MAC or Sun Belt level member in necessary sports.

Comment

• Auburn, Alabama rely on recruiting services - Mobile AL paper
          http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ly_on_rec.html

Auburn and Alabama rely on recruiting services, and their information comes at a price

Published: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 9:24 AM

By Charles Goldberg and Don Kausler Jr. Sports Reporters

Curt Cignetti remembers recruiting in the "old days" before a player's video was a computer screen away, before high-priced recruiting services sold their wares and before high school combines showcased talent.

Back then, said Alabama's former recruiting coordinator, "It was more identification, information gathering, getting names, getting lists. Now, there's technology."

And that technology comes at a price. Alabama spent more than $218,000 the last three years on services to provide the school with recruiting information, compared to $99,000 for Auburn. Both schools provided information on how much they have spent the last three years following a Freedom of Information request.

Alabama has been fairly consistent, having spent $85,000 from July 2008-June 2009, $81,000 the following year and $52,626 in the following 10-month period that ended this March. Auburn spent $44,000, $15,000 and $40,000 over the same reporting periods.

A case could be made that it has been money well spent. Various websites rated Alabama's recruiting in the top three nationally, if not No. 1, in each of the last three years. Auburn was rated as high as No. 1 in 2009 and as high as No. 2 in 2010.

more... including Tom Lemmings comments
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The Big 12's board of directors chose to keep the name "Big 12," despite losing two members, Nebraska and Colorado.

More...
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Going back to BYU and Wisconsin/Nebraska/PSU, I read a rumor somewhere that OSU might be interested in something with them as well

Comment

• Michigan State handed out their "Big Ten Championship" rings recently. Actually, it was a tri-championship, but I digress ...

The rings sport 7 green stones, representing their Big Ten Championships (some shared, of course) and as a little tweek toward Michigan, another three green stones representing their "three straight wins over Michigan".

They can crow while they can. But, I'd think they'd want to get past handing out rings for past accomplishments, and get busy on the recruiting trail. Michigan has flat-out left them in the dust.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I hate to break it too them, but beating Michigan over the past 3 years isn't much of an accomplishment. OSU and Penn State did it as well, and so would have Iowa if they haven't been off the schedule in 2008.

Comment

• I never cease to be amazed at how much MSU and their fans place themselves in Michigan's shadow.

I can't remember a time where MSU has just enjoyed its accomplishments without having to tie Michigan's success/failures with it.

Comment

• USC's appeal denied

Comment

• Absolutely no surprise there.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I am sure usc will be watching very closely to the tresselmess in o-lie-o.

Comment

• Good point, Geo.

The O-Lie-O "tatto-gate" situation is going to be very closely watched by ALL of college football. So will the Auburn "We Outbid Everyone For Cam Newton" affair.

If the NCAA goes light on either O-Lie-O or AwBarn, you can bet that USC will be drawing up legal papers to sue the NCAA the day after its handed down.

So now, the NCAA has painted itself into a corner, when it comes to doling out punishment. They cannot afford to be seen as too "lenient", or USC will sue the NCAA, and they SHOULD.

Bottom line, the denial of USC's appeal is not a good sign for O-Lie-O and AwBarn.
                            Last edited by lineygoblue; May 26, 2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• I think this the worst of times that saint jim could have gotten his hand caught in the cookie jar. Any favouritism towards o-lie-o and usc will be screaming bloody murder.

And the best part is, we can just sit back and watch.

Comment

• And please, Brady Hoke.

DO NOT break any NCAA rules. Make sure the program is FULLY COMPLIANT with ALL NCAA rules.

I'd rather see Michigan have 10 losing seasons in a row, than have them go through the embarrassment and humiliation that USC, Auburn and O-Lie-O are going through right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X