No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Nebraska was going to win either way.

But, I'm also a bit puzzled as to why it wasn't a TD. I didn't see the "loss of control" that the zebras seemed to be relying on.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wiz how much do they pay you for that call? i

Comment

• They let him adopt a boy...
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• prick
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Look...I'm not telling you that I think the replay guy did the right thing...in fact when I saw the replay I predicted it would be overturned. All I am saying is what I think they rationalized. But even if the score stands NU wins that game. There was still 5 minutes left.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fair enough. I'm just quite surprised it wasn't overturned.

Wiz - what do you think of replay? How does it alter the way you ref a game? Do you think it's a net positive or net negative for the game? Should we scrap it? Keep it? Alter it?

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                Fair enough. I'm just quite surprised it wasn't overturned.

Wiz - what do you think of replay? How does it alter the way you ref a game? Do you think it's a net positive or net negative for the game? Should we scrap it? Keep it? Alter it?
                hated it from Day 1 and in fact I predicted to many it would become a source of contention amongst fans, coaches, players and officials. Most officials I know do not care for it (understandably) but I think coaches actually like it...based on the ones i have spoken with. Players probably have mixed emotions as do fans (especially when they think they get hosed). As far as how it changes how we officiate...many people think maybe we look at calls differently because we have replay to fall back on...NOT TRUE...at least speaking for myself I don't do anything differently. I realize we may miss a call from time to time...and if it is an obvious reviewable mistake rightly so. But my fear was it would slow the game down (it has) and still is not a perfect system (far from it). Maybe it will get better as technology continues to get better too.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looked like a TD to me....but then were PJ Smith not blocked in the back on the play he wouldn't have gotten close enough to make it an issue in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    Look...I'm not telling you that I think the replay guy did the right thing...in fact when I saw the replay I predicted it would be overturned. All I am saying is what I think they rationalized. But even if the score stands NU wins that game. There was still 5 minutes left.
                    Almost eight minutes left.

Comment

• Pretty much my feelings as well, Wiz. I really hate how it disrupts the game. There are times when a difficult call is fixed by replay but the overall effect really dampens the excitement and momentum of a game.

Comment

• especially in bowl games where they seem to want to reveiw every TD

Comment

• Agreed. Just my own wondering because I had a few years away from football, and so I'm happy to be told how the following isn't correct if so, but it seems to me that replay has made the criteria for what a catch is much more complex. My recollection is that if you had control and a foot in bounds, that's a catch. And the ground can't cause a fumble. Now I've seen several in which I would be at a loss to call it a catch or not. I'm guessing that replay has introduced the ability to really delve deeper into that decision than need be.

Comment

• PSU fans are pretty upset. Despite the fact that they still had 8 mins to play, they think the BIG is out to get them. I've seen posts about leaving for the Big East.

yes.. the BIG is going to screw over PSU so Nebraska, not Michigan, can go to the conference championship. The BIG wants to drive out PSU with all its alumni and following for little nebraska.

Comment

• Paterno threatened to leave the Big Ten the year Henne hit Manningham with one second on the clock--a second that Lloyd got put back on. The last place anybody is going is the Big East which is losing its designation as a major player under the new playoff format., and will be lumped in with the Mountain West, Conference USA and others.

Comment

• agree.. but tells you about the where their fans heads are at..

Comment

Working...
                                X