X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
    Power beats finesse once again
    Which doesn't mean the terms are mutually exclusive
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Stanford has two really good lines, games are mostly won/lost on the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• Yes they are, and I for one, thought that Brady Hoke understood that. His current OL coach isn't getting the job done. And Hoke himself isn't getting the job done along the DL.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I love Stanford. I love the way they play. I love the way they dominate that basketball-on-grass team from Oregon. I love that they do it with smart players who don't take extra benefits. They should jump over that team down south who hasn't played anyone. That was impressive...
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            If you're a fan of Bo Schembechler football, you will like what Stanford is doing to Oregon right now.

Brady Hoke needs to offer the Cardinal OL coach 1M per year to come coach at Michigan next year.

Seriously
            Harbaugh = Bo 2.0. If you can't get Harbaugh, get his proteges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              I think perhaps the Baylor/Oklahoma game may fit in there someplace. Haven't seen a lot of Baylor but I think it was a nice blend of offensive finesse with a solid running attack plus great defense. Shock Linwood (there's a name) Baylor's third string running back ran for 182 yards. Would like to see that package at M. Wonder if we can steal their offensive coach. IMO, Baylor should also jump OSU!

Comment

• The Rest of CF

Stanford would stomp Baylor.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Based on the way Stanford played last night that could happen. However, I do think Baylor would easily beat Utah (1-4/4-4) who beat Stanford. Go figure.
                  Last edited by Mackenzie; November 8, 2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Baylor is a poor man's Oregon. IMO, Oregon actually has a pretty decent defense. Stanford just has a really good OL.

And, of course, Oklahoma is trash.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      And, of course, Oklahoma is trash.
                      But their coach is from Ohio...how can that be
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Not all coaches from Ohio are great as M fans should know by now with 100% certainty.

Stoops is certainly accomplished, but he's teams have dropped off a bit. I guess that's better than not being accomplished and dropping off a bit like, say, Pelini or another B10 coach.

This year it seems like UFM and Pinkel are carrying the banner for Ohio coaches. And god-willing ol' Lester comes up big on Saturday for his home state.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think it matters less what you do but how you do it. I have my suspicions about a spread offense, but it's not like nobody hasn't won with it. Trulye, no option frees you from the need to be tougher, dominate the LOS and avoid penalties and turnovers. Scheme only goes so far.

Comment

• Eastern fires Ron English after 11-46, wonder how long Hoke's follies will last?
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 9, 2013, 06:16 PM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• EMU is a coaches graveyard. Nick Saban would have trouble resurrecting that program.

Ron English is actually a very good DB coach, and would still be a very good assistant in a better program. I don't think he'll be unemployed long.
                              Last edited by lineygoblue; November 9, 2013, 12:20 PM.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's already been a head coach, he's probably going to be looking for a defensive coordinator spot (much better pay than position assistant).

Comment

Working...
                                X