The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death is funny in the SEC..

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• For Sat game at Texas

@BDavisAAS: #Texas officials say there are about 9,000 tickets still left for Saturday's game vs. North Texas.

=======================

it's a trend.. and I see college students today have a different view of CF than previous generations. i don't think this is short term..

I also believe, deep down, the pro-SEC espn rants and the general sense on message boards that the SEC cheats have reduced CF's popularity... but maybe I'm reflecting my opinions

Comment

• USC senior cornerback Josh Shaw has admitted to lying about how he suffered his ankle injuries last weekend and has been suspended indefinitely, the school said in a statement Wednesday.

Shaw said he suffered a pair of high ankle sprains Saturday night after jumping from the second story of an apartment complex to save his 7-year-old nephew, who was struggling in the pool. Shaw said his nephew did not know how to swim.

Head coach Steve Sarkisian said Tuesday the school received several calls questioning the authenticity of Shaw's story and had been investigating the matter.

"We are extremely disappointed in Josh," Sarkisian said in the statement. "He let us all down. As I have said, nothing in his background led us to doubt him when he told us of his injuries, nor did anything after our initial vetting of his story.

"I appreciate that Josh has now admitted that he lied and has apologized. Although this type of behavior is out of character for Josh, it is unacceptable. Honesty and integrity must be at the center of our program. I believe Josh will learn from this. I hope that he will not be defined by this incident, and that the Trojan Family will accept his apology and support him."

The school did not specify in its statement how Shaw actually sustained his injuries.

Comment

• and as much as I dislike the NCAA and ESPN for their SEC bias... they're smart tonight. "Best" game on the SEC network.

I won't watch, but many will

Comment

• The Rest of CF

Kickoff!
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• The Rest of CF

USC's senior RB Anthony Brown, quit the team today and called his coach Steve Sarkisian a racist, and said he felt like a slave on his way out the door.

Fun times at USC.

Comment

• Sour grapes from a 9th year senior that was a 7th string RB. GTFO of town kid!

Comment

• ^

Comment

• Texas A&M has to stop scheduling cupcakes at the start of the season.

Comment

• Hill had more passing yards (511) than Johnny Football ever did in a single game

Comment

• Rutgers winning in Seattle is nice for the B1G, Good to see the lower tier schools beating lower tier schools (with a much flashier head coach) from other conferences

Comment

• BIG TEN! BIG TEN!
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Watch the BIG TEN action continue tonight as Sparty takes On Jacksonville...or Jacksonville State...somebody down south where SPEED KILLS!!!

Comment

• So Texas A&M drubs a supposedly decent SEC team playing supposedly big boy, physical football, coached by supposedly one of the best in the business.

Just wondering. Tempo offenses seem to be the thing of the future. When they are run well, it's tough for an opponent to keep up.

What are the implications for the several CFB teams who can play physical ball using elite talent on both sides of the ball running pro-style offenses? I've read Nussmeir is a tempo kind of guy but really don't know how that approach fits into the offense Hoke seems to want to run. Seems to me if you think philosophically about playing football like Hoke appears to want to play it, tempo runs counter to that philosophy.

I've seen M use it, if not really poorly under Borges, better under RR but not great but Hoke would rather sit on a lead. Opponents who use tempo and can make that offensive approach work seem me to have an advantage.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 29, 2014, 11:57 AM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I thought South Carolina was horrendous on defense.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X