No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, if it's true. Otherwise moot point.

Comment

• Ok, I've heard a millions times today that after targeting/personal foul is called the PF can't be reviewed but the targeting can. Why the fuck did the targeting foul on Rudock vs BYU get reversed then? They kept the ball at the previous spot. I'm assuming it was just another fuck up by B1G refs, but want confirmation.

Comment

• I've never heard that. If the targeting is in error then the penalty goes away has always been my understanding.

Comment

• Wow, Miami just did this:

Miami Beat Duke On Pure Pandemonium
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Amazing ending duke vs Miami- 8 laterals on the final kickoff and Miami wins

Comment

• A lot of crazy ending recently.

Meanwhile, ND vs Temple is a great game.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• wow

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I've never heard that. If the targeting is in error then the penalty goes away has always been my understanding.
                  In the Clemson game they took away the targeting and kept the penalty. The "guest" referee said that the targeting can be reviewed, but not the roughing. The whole rule is a disaster that's repeatedly called incorrectly and fucked up left and right.

It happened in another game today too, I forget which.

Comment

• Eventually teams are going to wise up and start doing those lateral plays before the end of games.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      In the Clemson game they took away the targeting and kept the penalty. The "guest" referee said that the targeting can be reviewed, but not the roughing. The whole rule is a disaster that's repeatedly called incorrectly and fucked up left and right.

It happened in another game today too, I forget which.
                      I guess we have to see the rule how they review it. MSU has had a few targeting calls reversed and the personal foul was reversed.

Comment

• Holy shit, Hannibals table of transitive dumbfuckery is getting all thrown out of whack tonight. NW handles Stanford. We handle NW. NW kills Minny. We get lucky to beat Minny. Stanford is getting handled by WSU. Rutger almost beat WSU, but he says we'll handle Rutgers...mind blown!!

Comment

• That Miami run back might have the worst coverage I've seen. It was like they were playing zone defense Ina 6th grade basketball game.

Comment

• In tonight's game Rudock got targeted in the first quarter when he was going out of bounds. The defensive player lowered the top of his helmet and nailed Rudock in the face mask. I didn't think the play he got injured was targeting, though.

I believe the targeting and the unnecessary roughness are separate calls. You can pick up the flag on any reviewed play (notice the blocking-in-the-back in the Miami runback being changed). But you don't have to. The refs can assess the UR penalty without kicking the player out for targeting.

Comment

• Slow first half Stanford has taking the lead 27-22 over Wazzo, while Rich Rod is getting slammed again by the dogs up in Washington 28 to 7

Comment

Working...
                              X