No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make that 35-3 Washington midway through the 3rd. nuff said not going to kick Rich Rod whies he's down anymore.

Comment

• Ok one more. ha jesus, will he ever learn you need special teams? Guess not, Arizona player called for a fair catch at the 2 yard line..... on a kickoff!

Comment

• You could see the Duke players were gassed half way through that. They were walking around like zombies on the last lateral and run to the end zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          In tonight's game Rudock got targeted in the first quarter when he was going out of bounds. The defensive player lowered the top of his helmet and nailed Rudock in the face mask. I didn't think the play he got injured was targeting, though.

I believe the targeting and the unnecessary roughness are separate calls. You can pick up the flag on any reviewed play (notice the blocking-in-the-back in the Miami runback being changed). But you don't have to. The refs can assess the UR penalty without kicking the player out for targeting.
          It's already been said that the officials shouldn't have picked up the block in the back flags. Using that play as reference is as bad as it gets. Refs fucked that one up from start to finish.

Comment

• Eventually teams are going to wise up and start doing those lateral plays before the end of games.

I think it was Tyler Eckler (?) needed just one more lateral to beat Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl, but for some reason he just got tackled out of bounds.

Seriously, this has to be the worst way to lose a game. I mean its not really not even a football play, it's more like dodgeball. I'm sure if teams do start this and are successful at it there will be new rules put into how many laterals you can have.

Comment

• It would seem that one of the Miami players had a knee down before he pitched the ball. Also, the officiating crew used replay to pick up a flag on a block in the back, which isn't supposed to be allowed, while missing both another obvious block in the back and the aforementioned player down by contact before the pitch. I suspect the ACC will be releasing a statement about this game sometime soon.

Comment

• I've heard 12 players were on the field... Also, a 23 (Miami) to 5 (Duke) penalty difference?

Suspend those refs.
                Last edited by Cody_Russell; November 1, 2015, 05:56 AM.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• There's enough money in sports to give refs a reasonable chunk of it. Right now it's a ``you get what you pay for'' kinda scenario.

Comment

• It really needs to get cleaned up with stakes as high as they are with regard to the CFP, coaches jobs, etc.

Comment

• What a screw job, I put a ton of cash on Duke to win too. Definitely criminal malfeasance by the Officals.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• You guys and the refs are an obsession.

Comment

• Best part of that is how the TD was scored by "Corn Elder."
                          There are players currently playing in college football with the first name "Taco" and "Corn."

Please Detroit Lions, draft them.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• So many big games next week...
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yup 3 out of 6 ain't bad...er something like that.

Comment

• The MSU-Nebraska game, while not particularly interesting, is of huge import to M. I assume M will win out and so long as MSU loses to UNL (and OSU), M is in the B10 CG.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X