No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would give TCU more schools in their time zone... if the BigEast goes to 16 football schools, it might be almost as good as the ACC.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• TCU is football only...

Getting to 12 teams would be a good move for the Big East; that would allow them to have a CCG and if that winner has a big win in OOC; they'd actually be in the NT discussion.

Comment

• If anyone is watching Miami-Maryland, thoughts on the new Maryland uniforms? I think they've managed to out-do Oregon for ugly.

Comment

• doc.... just ready to type that. wow.
          Last edited by entropy; September 5, 2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Maryland uni's look like something out of Star Trek where the guy has different sides of his face painted different colors .... apparently this is one out of more than a dozen uniforms at their disposal.

I guess this is the new trend in college football.

Comment

• Wow, they look like absolute jokers. What are they, court jesters?

I think these may be the worst football uniforms in history. Makes our clown suits for next week look somewhat respectable.

If I were a player for Maryland I'd be embararred to show my face in public.

Comment

• apparently the Maryland players never saw them until they got to the locker room.

Matt Millen was given an opportunity by McDonough to slam on these uniforms but lamely just said they were "colorful"

Comment

• This just in, Maryland has replaced the Terrapin as their mascot and from now on will be referred to as the "Maryland Bozos".

Comment

• Guess these are suppose to be modeled after the Maryland state flag

Comment

• Maryland information resource links to state homepage, symbols, flags, maps, constitutions, representitives, songs, birds, flowers, trees

Comment

• Their state flag is ass-ugly too.

These are the kinds of uniforms that show up in 50 years on the "worst unforms of history" list along with everything the Chicago White Sox wore around 1980.

Comment

• which is fine ... but pick one or the other pattern or one of the colors .... not all!

Comment

• This is Under Armor's attempt to make the ass-ugliest thing on the planet and therefore get all kinds of exposure. It's the same tactic Nike took with Oregon, though after seeing this I'd say Nike at least had a modicum of restraint with their designs.

Our society is set up now so that no one gets any exposure or acolades for doing anything good. Your goal now is to do something as horribly as possible, and then you get all kinds of media attention for it. Under Armor probably got more attention for these clown suits than Maryland football has gotten in decades. Who cares if 90% of people hate them? The other 10% of people (otherwise known as blind morons) will rush out to buy them, thus making Under Armor shitloads of money.

Soon you are going to see all college football uniforms be a giant race to the bottom, with everyone trying to out-ugly each other and thus capture the biggest share of attention from the media. Maybe at some point there will be so much ugly out there that everyone will stop paying attention, but until that happens, be prepared to see more and more teams dressed like court jesters from 16th century Europe.
                            Last edited by Jamie H; September 5, 2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Maryland ran up 500 yards on Miami by running the same bubble screen all night. Granted, the Cocaines had a large number of starters out...but think I mentioned a few days ago that their defense probably wouldn't be very good. Still feeling there's a good chance we head to Lincoln undefeated.

Comment

• Latest from Chip Brown says that Texas is now desperately trying to hold the Big12 together. Reading through the BS I'm guessing that means the Pac12 has not been receptive to the LHN.

And look at how desperate Baylor is getting. A link to this is on the front page of their university website

A top Texas Christian University, As one of the top Texas colleges & Universities, Baylor offers a variety of undergraduate & graduate programs.

Comment

Working...
                                X