The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I'm pretty sure Oklahoma will get exposed. I don't think much of the Big 12.
    Oklahoma is big, strong and fast. They look like men among boys compared to the rest of the Big 12.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Please not Bama or Sparty.

Comment

• Agree with much of the above, I have a pretty clear top 3 of Bama, OSU and Oklahoma. Clemson, Sparty might be #4...

1-loss Ohio is ahead of 1-loss NC, 1-loss Clemson, 1-loss Iowa and imo better than 1-loss Sparty if given another chance.

Comment

• Someone should've told Urban Meyer the most important game of the season was vs Sparty, not M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            Why couldn't OSU get up to play MSU at home on their Senior Day? it just makes no sense.
            Perhaps the players were partying the night before for Senior Day - that would explain a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              Please not Bama or Sparty.
              I'd agree with that - both fan bases would be insufferable. I'd be ok with Clemson or holding my nose Oklahoma.

My dream scenario...

Iowa beats MSU in the Big 10 Championship - Sparty cries for at least a month
              Alabama and Clemson take care of business.

Final 4 of:

Clemson
              Alabama
              Iowa
              Oklahoma (drops one spot for not playing a 13th game)

Clemson beats Oklahoma
              Iowa defeats Alabama (take that Tide)

Iowa for the win - Go Big 10 (except Sparty & OSU)

Percentage chance of this happening....?

Exactly 0.0000000000001% - but we can dream, right?

Comment

• Oklahoma is big, strong and fast. They look like men among boys compared to the rest of the Big 12.

Stoops teams are always highly ranked and susceptible to ugly losses. (a big win now and then) Almost always a wildcard. Tom Arnold and the Hawks may keep it close in the first half till Dantonio boys win easily. Really like to see MSU vs Bama or OK

Comment

• Bronco Mendenhall leaves BYU to take the UVa job. I didn't think he'd leave BYU, and I thought if he ever did, it would be for a PAC-12 school-- he's only spent one year of his football career east of New Mexico, and that was at Louisiana Tech. It's possible BYU never thought he'd leave, either-- he was reportedly only making $900,000 a year in Provo, which I find hard to believe for a coach who's gone 99-42, had never had a losing season, and has taken BYU to eleven straight bowl games. UVA was willing to just about quadruple his salary, and that got it done. Terrific hire for UVa.
                  Last edited by JRB; December 5, 2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• The MSU fan base would be about as insufferable as 3 fans can be. Not very much in other words.

Comment

• There are tons of fair weather Sparty's if you're still in Michigan.

Comment

• Not really.

Comment

• MSU is in need of a horshoectomy after the unbelievable luck they had this season. Their win against UM was not on your simple Hail Mary or other play that happens once or twice per season. UM netted at least 150 yards on special teams in that game.

And then, against OSU in a rainstorm, they put the game in the hands of the kicker that they would not allow to kick against UM, and he duck hooks the ball inside the left upright. No wonder they didn't let him kick against UM!

MSU has terrible special teams. That is not the kind of team that should be "given" a spot in the Playoffs. The committee was specifically formed to avoid that kind of thing. If MSU were playing OSU for the B10 championship, the spread would be -10 for Ohio, and they would easily cover if they played as they did against UM. Realignment of the B10 is essential next season. This situation would not have happened if Iowa had played any of the big 4 in the East.

Cody said:
                          Wait, "talent matters most" is a pun?
                          Yup, and he is a lot of other things too.
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; December 4, 2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Speaking only of my own personal family, 4 MSU grads at Thanksgiving wanted me to stick a fork in my eye. I didn't bring up football, but about an hour later....

After a few adult beverages my brother in law (MSU Grad 1986) could not stop talking about Michigan and how he hoped osu would totally annihilated Harbaugh. He said quote: "and I mean to embarrass them completely out of the stadium". My sister and niece backed him up. The only one on my side was my son, but he's not passionate like me.

I tried to change the subject over to the past MSU/OSU game, he had a few words about that (not much) and the upcoming PSU game That he was going to, he has season tickets (not much again) . He insisted on talking M, brought up how it wasn't Blake fault at all (I disagreed) and how he got death threats from the lowlife M fans. Then went into RichRod and Hoke and how they were run out of AA. My response by now was - hey, how about those Red Wings!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Speaking only of my own personal family, 4 MSU grads at Thanksgiving wanted me to stick a fork in my eye. I didn't bring up football, but about an hour later....

After a few adult beverages my brother in law (MSU Grad 1986) could not stop talking about Michigan and how he hoped osu would totally annihilated Harbaugh. He said quote: "and I mean to embarrass them completely out of the stadium". My sister and niece backed him up. The only one on my side was my son, but he's not passionate like me.

I tried to change the subject over to the past MSU/OSU game, he had a few words about that (not much) and the upcoming PSU game That he was going to, he has season tickets (not much again) . He insisted on talking M, brought up how it wasn't Blake fault at all (I disagreed) and how he got death threats from the lowlife M fans. Then went into RichRod and Hoke and how they were run out of AA. My response by now was - hey, how about those Red Wings!

This. Sparty fans are already insufferable.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Wingsfan lacks self awareness.

Comment

Working...
                                X