No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It's still reversing a bad call by the refs during the game to change the outcome."

Only in the most technical sense (i.e the refs on the field must declare the game over) In this case, the bad call was made after the game was over. Just another example on how instant replay in the college game is a joke. OSU please meet OU in the Oregon game afew years ago.

Comment

• I think it would be a horrible precedence to start. They gave them a shot they didn't deserve, but a missed hold call earlier gave OSU a TD they didn't deserve. Neither can be revisited.

In the end, all OSU had to do was keep a MAC team from throwing a 50 yard hail Mary for a TD and failed - and article 3b makes the game and score final as soon as the ref blows the last whistle.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Rutgers vs New Mexico 12:00 (ESPNNews)
        Wisconsin vs Georgia State 12:00 (BTN)
        Penn State vs Temple 12:00 (BTN)
        Iowa vs North Dakota State 12:00 (ESPN2)
        Nebraska vs Oregon 3:30 (ABC)
        Michigan vs Colorado 3:30 (BTN)
        Illinois vs Western Michigan 4:00 (ESPNNews)
        Maryland @ Central Florida 7:00 (CBSSports)
        Ohio State @ Oklahoma 7:30 (Fox)
        Michigan St @ Notre Dame 7:30 (NBC)
        Northwestern vs Duke 8:00 (BTN)

Indiana, Minnesota, and Purdue are on byes

Comment

• 2 good Big Ten games Saturday night and my wife's out of town. I'll have to stock up on Doritos. I think I'll root for Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Which teams will win those two? Probably Ohio State and Notre Dame are favored.

Otherwise, I'll root for the Big Ten teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
            2 good Big Ten games Saturday night and my wife's out of town. I'll have to stock up on Doritos. I think I'll root for Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Which teams will win those two? Probably Ohio State and Notre Dame are favored.

Otherwise, I'll root for the Big Ten teams.
            I'm rooting for MSU, although I think they'll lose. I just would love to see the Domers lose another. I would sorta like to see Sparty be an overachieving, over rated, undefeated team before facing UM. Unlikely though.
            Last edited by klondike; September 13, 2016, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• MSU, osu ...... want both those teams undefeated and brimming with confidence when M meets them.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You might be better off facing a 6-5 OSU team, just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  It's still reversing a bad call by the refs during the game to change the outcome. It just can't be done. Bama had one of these a few years back in OT vs Arkansas. The crew was suspended but they didn't change the outcome.
                  In just about any other case I would agree, but if they officials blew a ruling when the game should have been over I don't think that's a dangerous precedent to overturn that. A blown holding call or a PI, yes, but not a screwed up rule with 0:00 left on the clock. JMO.

Comment

• You might be better off facing a 6-5 OSU team, just my opinion.
                    Concur. An 11-0 OSU team is going to be really, really good. A crapass 6-5 team not so much. I think it'll be much closer to the latter. I wouldn't be surprised to see UFM double his loss total at OSU this season.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                      I'm rooting for MSU, although I think they'll lose.
                      One can hope.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        In just about any other case I would agree, but if they officials blew a ruling when the game should have been over I don't think that's a dangerous precedent to overturn that. A blown holding call or a PI, yes, but not a screwed up rule with 0:00 left on the clock. JMO.
                        I understand the sentiment. I disagree with it, though. Bad officiating is part of the game. Offering relief in the form of a game reversal for a bad call just because it happened on the last play is unfair (to me) unless you are willing to offer relief on any other game-changing bad or missed call.

So, the missed egregious hold with 2:21 left (that allows a team to take the lead -wrongly- for good) is just as important imo.

Suspend or fire that crew? Yep. Change the L to a W? Noooo...

As always, your mileage may vary.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Too much soft handling of CFB officials. Lots of good HS officials waiting in the wings. Precedent to establish is if you don't know the rules and screw up, you sit until you do. Record of repeated screw ups, you're out.
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 13, 2016, 08:37 AM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• Found via mgoblog. Mike Leach keepin' it real!

[youtube]VjoxFIuYXW4[/youtube]

Comment

• fuckin' refs
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X