No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingsfan has discovered what a lot of us have known for years.

Both MSU and OSU fans absolutely crave the approval of Michigan fans, for their teams' accomplishments. It doesn't matter how dominant their teams have been, they always seem to want the approval of Michigan fans to somehow validate what their teams have done. When Michigan fans refuse to kiss their patoot, they claim we're still 'arrogant' and have 'no class'.

Seems to me that after how successful they've been on the field, they'd care less what Michigan fans think about them. Seems like they'd be happy with the results and enjoy their success amongst themselves.

ok, watch this .. in 5,...4...3....2...1.....
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nailed it.

Comment

• Let 'em crow. They were thumped on pretty good from 1970 - 2007. Michigan won so much they began to think of Sparty as irrelevant. Well, the shoe is on the other foot now, so to the victors goes the crowing.

We should be more angry at an administration that hired Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke thereby allowing Dantonio to emerge in-state. Be thankful that Dave Brandon is gone and Harbaugh came back home. This battleship will be turned around.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I agree, Rocky.

Their rise to prominence has been more due to Michigan's screw ups, than actually getting better and passing us. And, they know it.

Michigan's failures have finally been addressed, and Coach Harbaugh is doing a fine job. So is Coach Beilein, for that matter. Both programs are in good hands.

Biggest concern now is, get the right person for the AD job. No more Brandons...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            I agree, Rocky.

Their rise to prominence has been more due to Michigan's screw ups, than actually getting better and passing us. And, they know it.
            I'm not so sure about that. Dantonio is clearly a very good coach. I'll give you that a portion of MSU's rise is due to a fading Michigan. Certainly another part has been MSU out-recruiting M. But by-and-large, Dantonio has done a very good job in developing the players on his roster and putting together a winning program and he should get the lion's share of the credit for doing that.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I give Dantonio credit for taking the 'sparty' out of Sparty. They don't do the stupid stuff they used to do, that cost them ballgames. I won't argue that he's not a very good developer of talent.

But, I believe that the fading Michigan, which started with Carr's last two recruiting classes, is directly responsible for MSU's rise past Michigan. Dantonio started getting better players, because when players looked around and saw which programs were on the rise, they saw it was happening in East Lansing, and not in Ann Arbor.

Harbaugh started changing that this year. For all intents and purposes, Michigan beat MSU this year, and recruits have taken notice.

Comment

• Michigan's malfeasance blew the door open for Sparty and D'Antoni ably walked through it. After several years MSU has become legitimately good but Harbaugh will set the world back on its axis.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                  Bronco Mendenhall leaves BYU to take the UVa job. I didn't think he'd leave BYU, and I thought if he ever did, it would be for a PAC-12-- he's only spent one year of his football career east of New Mexico, and that was at Louisiana Tech. It's possible BYU never thought he'd leave, either-- he was reportedly only making $900,000 a year in Provo, which I find hard to believe for a coach who's gone 99-42, ha never had a losing season, and has taken BYU to eleven straight bowl games. UVA was willing to just about quadruple his salary, and that got it done. Terrific hire for UVa.
                  Yup. Excellent hire for Virginia. Puzzling that no other Power 5 program hired him away before now. I would have liked him as a candidate I our past two hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Yup. Excellent hire for Virginia. Puzzling that no other Power 5 program hired him away before now. I would have liked him as a candidate I our past two hires.
                    Are you saying Mendenhall before Harbaugh ("a candidate I")?

If you're saying just a candidate, sure. But no BIG Region recruiting experience and runs the spread at BYU would have been issues for me.

I know you like the spread (read option with a dual threat QB stuff) and would be fine if M were running it but at the time of the hire, with the roster and QBs on hand, a non-spread guy was better and Harbaugh was just about perfect for that and a shit-ton of other reasons.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      I agree, Rocky.

Their rise to prominence has been more due to Michigan's screw ups, than actually getting better and passing us. And, they know it...
                      Wasn't exactly saying that. More like their rise came at same time as Michigan's fall. MSU would be better than they had been in the past anyway, but the Hoke & Rodriguez eras certainly helped them get a foothold in the state. Nick Saban couldn't overcome Michigan when Michigan was being Michigan. Dantonio came along at the opportune time. Without Hoke & Rodriguez the two programs would probably be much closer the last 8 years. Michigan may have even held their advantage had they hired the right coach after Carr left. I'll sum it up this way: From an in-state perspective, Michigan picked the exact wrong time to make two bad coaching hires - at the same time MSU was making their best hire since Saban.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Florida is awful.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If Florida played in a league with decent offense and QB play they are fighting for bowl contention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Doug Nussmeier is Florida's offensive coordinator and QB coach btw.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They're Penn State with a better DL and way better CBs.

Comment

• USC has zero chance. Stanford or Clemson will round out the CFP.

Comment

Working...
                                X