No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Leach, once again doing a brilliant job blaming his players.

Comment

• I'm sure their fat girl friends have a lot to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Too much soft handling of CFB officials. Lots of good HS officials waiting in the wings. Precedent to establish is if you don't know the rules and screw up, you sit until you do. Record of repeated screw ups, you're out.
        Is this true though? When you look around and see how old many of the crews are, and the fact that we're seeing women being hired, makes me wonder. Its a difficult job, the pay stinks, and unlike HS officiating, there is significant travel involved.

IDK that we could, logistically, start suspending officials and/or crews at the rate that most fans would demand.

Curious at what Wiz has to say here.

Comment

• I know the SEC suspends about 1 crew a season for the really egregious bad calls.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            Is this true though? When you look around and see how old many of the crews are, and the fact that we're seeing women being hired, makes me wonder. Its a difficult job, the pay stinks, and unlike HS officiating, there is significant travel involved.

IDK that we could, logistically, start suspending officials and/or crews at the rate that most fans would demand.

Curious at what Wiz has to say here.
            There are more disciplinary actions than the public sees. We are graded every week...every play...much more scrutiny than you know. I have no problem with it as it makes us better officials...and when there is an egregious error like in the OSU-CMU game there are severe repercussions (i.e Mizzou-Colorado 1990). How an entire crew AND review booth can miss that is befuddling...the suspensions are warranted IMHO. But you also need to understand if you start suspending crews at will for mistakes the conferences are going to have to start a massive hiring campaign...there is no plethora of Division I caliber officials out there guys. More officials cost time and money. As far a the statement "There are a number of qualified high school officials out there"...well maybe so...but most of the good high school guys I know want no part of college...they are content...I'm sure there are some. The college game especially at the Division I level is much much faster than even the best high school games out there. It's not easy. I wouldn't say the pay stinks...it's ok...but the time involved alone eliminates a lot of qualified guys who just can't travel extensively because of job and/or family concerns. The pool isn't as big as you think. I was recruited to come to the college game...and it was a good 3 years before I felt I was ready for Division I...started at the Division II level and did that for 3 years. It's not as easy as some armchair fans think.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• An actual cognizant, thoughtful and detailed response?

Who are you and what have you done with Wiz?
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• LOL

shaddup

hi!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Did anyone from the Nebraska/Missouri '97 crew see disciplinary action?

Comment

• Hack... We promoted them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• lol@Ent
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Is that the word you people use for it?

I asked my wife for a promotion yesterday.

Comment

• The Rest of College Football

Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Is that the word you people use for it?

I asked my wife for a promotion yesterday.

Still only letting you watch?

[emoji48][emoji111]

Comment

• She said next year if my eval is good.

Comment

• [emoji3]

Comment

• Wiz now that's what I'm tkaling about. Very infromative

Comment

Working...
                                X