X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So, as seemingly unimportant as this is and possibly only of interest to me, the JH challenge in question does have some teaching points.

There are things a college coach can challenge and things he can't. I'm not getting into that.

In the context of JH's challenge, the spot can only be challenged under two conditions: (1) the spot involves whether or not the ball was advanced past the line to make a first down or (2) the challenge involves whether or not the ball crossed the goal line (for a TD).

Wiz is correct in the context of the JH challenge. It did not involve condition (1) or (2) above and therefore is not reviewable subject to a coache's challenge.

The conclusion is that JH didn't know this rule and to double down on it in his presser suggests that someone didn't try to clarify it for him before he did that.

One of our original questions regarding the circumstances was if you have a BT official sitting in his Barka-Lounger, eating Cheetos watching this unfold, might he conclude in his own mind, Harbaugh's a dick and doesn't know the rules. I'll show him when I'm on the field at X future game.

IOW, the cost of JH insisting he's right in game, then talking that line after the game could be higher than it is in his calculations.

Wiz, I wouldn't expect you to want to shed any light on this matter because I know you don't eat Cheetos or more importantly lounge in your two piece disco suit watching college football games ...... or, maybe you do. Never mind.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Wiz, I wouldn't expect you to want to shed any light on this matter because I know you don't eat Cheetos or more importantly lounge in your two piece disco suit watching college football games ...... or, maybe you do. Never mind.

I plead the fifth.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Off the record...do some officials have a bias against certain coaches...probably. Pelini was notorious for making enemies...it doesn't do you any good to be an ass...but as far as how myself and my crew are...no I don't let that crap affect how we call a game. I will say this...the coaches that are studies of the rules get far more respect than coaches who don't take the time or at least have staff in the booth with the in depth rules knowledge to carry an intelligent conversation with an official. It boggles my mind sometimes how little FBS coaches don't know the rules. I don't expect them to be experts like us...it's our sole job...but jebus...know them well enough where it can't cost you a game or in the very least an important spot/call/etc.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Thanks again ...... you lounge lizard, you.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• heh
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Geez Pitt fans give it a rest already.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Just more faux outrage down in Waco. Fuckin Title IX...

Comment

• 17-7 Virginia over Louisville, early 3rd Quarter.

Go Bronco Mendenhall!!!!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lamar Jackson probably sewed up the Heisman today.

Comment

• Coming back against a 2-win team sews up a Heisman these days?

Comment

• it's the whole "4th quarter" leading my team to victory even though the rest of the team sucked thing.

Comment

• Still a lot of time for this Heisman race to change. I'd love to see Jabrill get it, but all that matters is getting the W... especially in The Game.

This Miami vs ND game is turning into a close one. Just fun to lol at Brian Kelly losing.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Down goes the B12.

The end of this Baylor vs Texas had some of the dumbest play calls and frustrating officiating.
                              28 seconds left, down 1, no time outs, and Baylor is calling (two) QB draws??
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Thank God we don't have to talk about Baylor anymore. How in the fuck could everyone on tv and in the stadium and both announcers see that hold on the Texas DL, but not the officials? unbelievable

Comment

Working...
                                X