No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma has 852 yards of offense vs Texas Tech midway though the 4th quarter.

Not really a surprise, more rhetorical.
    Such a contrast of B10 games.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What PSU did well was to squeeze down on jtb's strength, the short passing game. I don't think he threatened with the medium ball and I lay that one on ufm's play calling.

That whole thing allowed PSU to roll a S up and play one hi. They did a nice job of tackling in space too and limiting YAK and to a certain extent big chunk plays on the ground - a ufm specialty.

We've seen a couple games now where ufm has been a bit conservative. jtb has bailed him out and maybe that's what he was counting on in this game too. Didn't pan out proving once again, don't let an under-matched opponent hang around.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Their WRs just aren't that great. We should be able to do the same, man up and clean up the underneath. I'm sure they'll make adjustments, but I don't like their OL or their WR at all.

Comment

• On another note, Houston beaten badly by lowly SMU

Comment

• Yeah, Tom Herman looking more human than ever. At this point though, Texas is firmly committed to paying him whatever he wants.
            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• ⬜ SAD VALLEY

☑️ HAPPY VALLEY

Also, lets address the elephant in the room about Penn State football....

They do the victory formation in the shotgun?
              Last edited by Wellington_beefhouser; October 23, 2016, 07:33 AM. Reason: Included elephant in the room
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                Oklahoma has 852 yards of offense vs Texas Tech midway though the 4th quarter.

Not really a surprise, more rhetorical.
                Such a contrast of B10 games.
                Both teams ended up with 854 yards total offense. OU rushed for 300 and passed for 500.

Absurd, unwatchable shit.

Comment

• Undefeated teams in CFB after week 8:

Alabama
                  Michigan
                  Nebraska
                  Boise State
                  West Virginia
                  Baylor
                  Clemson
                  Washington
                  Western Michigan

(Removed Texas A&M and Ohio State. Numerous teams with byes. Boise came close to dropping off; they tried hard to lose, but nipped BYU to stay on the board by getting a 4th quarter TD to take a one-point lead and held on for the win.)
                  ------------------------------------------------

Winless teams:

NONE. Congrats to Rice for taking it to the always dangerous Prairie View team.
                  Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 23, 2016, 10:55 AM.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• OU @ TTU

124 combined passing attempts...2 Holding calls.

61 combined rushes...1 Holding call.

Comment

• Boy talk about two well-disciplined teams!

Comment

• Its just great football.

Comment

• The Big 12. Lol.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Calling Wiz or the missing Linesman ...... officiating question:

Harbaugh challenged a spot late in the Illinois game. It did not go his way and he lost a time out and further challenges - not that it made any difference. Apparently he doubled down on the correctness of his challenge in his Monday presser explaining why he did it and why it was important. I think that (1) he did not understand the rules regarding the spot and (2) Seems to us, there's a likelihood that a BT Official is going to remember the hysteria over it from the M sideline and then again his public disagreement over the call in his presser today.

First: If we understand the rule correctly, you can challenge the spot but only if it matters for gaining a first down. Reportedly, Harbaugh thought the spot was a yard off and was asking the spot to be moved so as to make it 4th and less than a yard for the first rather than 4th and one plus a little more than yard. So, JH is showing he doesn't know the rule.

Second, not only did he get upset about it during the game and on the sideline, he reiterated he thought the call was wrong in his presser today. That would seem to us to be counterproductive showing that he doesn't understand the rule to begin with and really didn't do any study on his own to learn about it after the game, instead choosing to potentially piss off BT officials in the process.

We get the rule and are pretty sure JH had it wrong and the officials had it right. So, he should not have challenged the spot nor should he have gotten upset about the official ruling when it was rendered after the challenge.

The soft issue for us is this: does this sort of sideline behavior along with his bringing it up again today have the potential to come back and bite you in the ass. i.e., fair and impartial officials notwithstanding, would an official be swayed by JH's behavior to rule against M/JH in the future on any number of close calls that could go either way?
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I thought he could challenge. The rule verbiage is (Rule 12. Article 3. Section e.): "ball carrier's progress....with respect to a first down." Less than a yard to a first down seems reasonable. I think this meets that criteria. Coaches just have to say, "I am challenging the spot on that 3rd down play."

Now, if he said, "Hey, I know it's not a first down -or really even that close to a first down- but I want a challenge anyway because I'm a jerk and I want to win my fiddy," then probably not.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X