No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the first (only) comment. Ha!
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Haha! Nice and true comment.

Clemson will likely be 13-0 now entering the playoff. Their biggest threat is Pitt at home (Clem win), South Carolina at home (Clem win), and either V-Tech or UNC in the ACC Championship.
      Washington has USC at home, WSU at home, and PAC12 Championship. I actually give Mike Leach a chance there because he is so random. USC has been playing well with Darnold.

Michigan can avoid a lot of Playoff frustration if they simply beat OSU (then Wisconsin I'm assuming). I don't want to deal with M being 11-1 and people thinking they should still be in. We know they will put Louisville in ahead of M....
      What will be interesting is if Wisconsin wins out, would you put them in over a 11-1 Louisville... OR 11-1 SEC Texas A&M
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Conference champ over the others. Period.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Most all-time appearances by school hosting College GameDay:

1. Alabama, 16
          2. Ohio State, 14
          3. Michigan, 12
          3. Florida, 12
          5. Florida State, 11
          5. LSU, 11
          7. USC, 10
          8. Oregon, 9
          8. Tennessee, 9
          10. Michigan State, 8
          10. Notre Dame, 8
          10. Auburn, 8
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What is interesting to me about the above post is that there are no BigXII in the top 12. Oklahoma has 7 visits, Texas has 6, and long-time BigXII member Nebraska has hosted 6 times.

ESPN hates the BigXII.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ........ and there is some kind of importance in the great scheme of college football to the fact that Disney has decided to send its College Game Day buffoons to these particular schools in this particular order?

What is the state by state comparison for number of outhouses still in use? That might be useful. Alabama would certainly be at the top of that list.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff,

Take some midol. I did not mean to light your tampon string. No, I am not suggesting that the ordered list is of great import. Rather, it was just something I saw that caught my attention for a moment. If you do not find it enthralling, scroll on past while remembering that passing it by with apathy is a stronger statement of your feelings than crafting a reply.

Comment

• No.

I find it more fun to give you shit. I know. It's hard to not take me seriously.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Jimbo Fisher had a great rant after the game
                    Jimbo Fisher is FSU's Mack Brown. Amasses amazing talent, won one NC due to an amazing QB, and will probably consistently underachieve.

Comment

• Oh no, I didn't take it seriously. If I had, my return would have been much different.

Comment

• Who gives a fuck where game day goes? Is it still on ESPN or has it been mercifully canceled?

Comment

• You care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                            Jimbo Fisher is FSU's Mack Brown. Amasses amazing talent, won one NC due to an amazing QB, and will probably consistently underachieve.
                            This might be true, I don't have any love for Jimbo Fisher, but that's the case with nearly every national championship coach. You have scads of talent, a great QB or a great defense. Some combination of that. Nobody in college football is coaching their way to a title.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              You have scads of talent, a great QB or a great defense. Some combination of that.

Sure, I completely agree with that. I am saying, if you give Urbz, Satan, Dantonio, and Jimbo Fisher the same players and time to develop them ... who's going to come out on top? .... I am saying it's not going to be ol' Jimbo.

But, heck if he wants to swallow up all that Florida talent and keep at least a little bit of it from falling into Urbz and Satan's already overflowing coffers, I am all for it.

Comment

• Probably, I still have my doubts about all of those listed as really good strategic thinkers at all times. In other words all of this coaches have had their issues at game time. I am much more familiar with Saban and Dantonio, Dantonio has not had a good year in 2016, a lot of the problems lie directly at his feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X