No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm guessing on that Hanny.. but that's what it appears to be doing. I guess the assumption is kids will stay local? or to rank kids vs competition. per state?

I think absolute #'s would be better, but still.. the graph gives some interesting information.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• A little over a month ago, Alabama teammates Cameron Robinson and Laurence Jones were arrested in Louisiana after police found them with a bunch of weed and a pair of guns, one of which was stolen. Robinson, a starting tackle and All-SEC player, caught a felony charge for possession of the stolen gun.

DA basically admits since they are football players they deserve special treatement..

Comment

• What? Is it a crime to have a stolen handgun under your seat with illegal drugs in the car?

Comment

• Bama...the best team money can buy...

The Confederate dollar must be doing well...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                What? Is it a crime to have a stolen handgun under your seat with illegal drugs in the car?
                Oh, its aaaaaall perfectly legal!

Comment

• We'll get 'em next time Boss...

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Those damn Bamma boys!

Comment

• The 2010 national champion Auburn Tigers were gripped by an epidemic of synthetic marijuana use that led to a rash of failed drug tests and a decision at the highest levels of the university to keep the results confidential, ESPN has learned.

Perhaps Auburn should have followed the spirit of their policy.... Then again, a NC was more important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know this is in Louisiana? Saban's control of the judicial system extends well into the Bayou State.

Excellent...
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What a nice judge.

I'm sure he will be rewarded properly.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nah. That's too cynical even for me. The first thing he cited was the lack of evidence in the case before making his "working and sweating" comments. While it's possible he solicited money from a booster to let them off, I find it unlikely. This DA is in his 5th term (of 6 years each - the longest in state history) and is notorious for having a light touch with first offense, non-violent crimes.

But, hey, whatever.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As I understood it, they had drugs and a gun sitting on the seat of the car. I'm pretty sure there are boys in Angola who had less evidence against them than that.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• There were three guys in the car. The car (and possibly the gun) didn't belong to the two players. Do they deserve prison time for smoking pot in the presence of a gun? Your mileage may vary, but this DA didn't think so, and he has 30 years of similar decisions on non-violent crimes. Who knows, maybe he won't win a sixth consecutive term now. Louisiana politics can be unforgiving for aiding and abetting Bama football.

As for me, it really doesn't matter. Bama would be fine without either of them. But I do find the conspiracy theories funny. If this DA were a 'hang them; throw the book at them' kinda guy, then it would have legs, but he has a very long career of doing similar things for the non-violent offenders. Personally, while I think pot should be legal, I would be okay with them going to trial if for nothing else than stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X