No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Georgia kicker went on twitter and disavowed himself from his father's comments.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That's because he's not paying the bills... Ha!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Too bad the Gophers are like the Cornhuskers in the middle of nowhere...

Maryland is in the middle of a nice amount of talent (Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia) they could do very, very well in the B1G West but in the B1G East their upside is #3 in the East...

Penn State is back to being a strong program, top 15, top 20 at least. The effects of their sanctions are finally over. They aren't losing much talent to graduation, they've recruited very well and James Franklin doesn't get in his own way as often as he once did.

Michigan and Ohio State don't want a rematch so I don't think we'll ever see us split and the B1G wants Michigan & Ohio State to be broadcast in it's new eastern markets as much as possible so we're going to have to live with a very unbalanced B1G.

Comment

• Somewhat early, heh, top 25 for 2017! https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ll-top-25-2017
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bama's loaded in 2017.

BAMA VS OHIO STATE?
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Depends on how well OSU replaces its secondary and whether or not they come up with some actual big play threats on offense. As to the former, I think it will be ok. Sheffield should start. I think at least one of their frosh should contribute right away, too - Okudah and Wade are legit. As to the former, that's a concern. Grimes and Lindsey would both start, IMO, if they weren't coming off injuries. They really, really, really need Victor to step up.

I'm looking OSU as a really good defensive team. Their front 7 should be sick even w/ McMillan gone. I think the secondary fills in. Offensively, it really remains to be seen.

Oklahoma in game #2 could be a real problem.

Comment

• Nice post. Very informative.

Comment

• Georgia #13?
                  Depending on how much better Eason gets in the offseason, Georgia is a team I think can compete for a Playoff spot next season.
                  Easy schedule. Only lose like 3-4 total starters. Chubb and Michel announced they are coming back too. Back to back great recruiting classes.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Rest of College Football

It seems like oLIEo usually chokes a game or two away each season, even with "superior talent"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Georgia #13?
                      Depending on how much better Eason gets in the offseason, Georgia is a team I think can compete for a Playoff spot next season.
                      Easy schedule. Only lose like 3-4 total starters. Chubb and Michel announced they are coming back too. Back to back great recruiting classes.
                      I hope you're wrong. I hate hypocrite Kirby's thieving ass face.

Comment

• Hmmm. UFM has lost 6 games in 5 seasons, so the "or 2" part of that is, well, obviously wrong.

But, I agree, UFM should be at least 67-0. Probably add another 6 games for postseason opportunities lost, and he should be about 73-0.

But, fortunately he hasn't lost to an undertalented M team, so I'm ok.

Comment

• Doubt oLIEo would get the same benefit of the doubt to sneak into the playoff under similar circumstances again next season

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• With superior talent, of course.

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Well, they're going to play 3 preseason top 10 teams...assuming M gets in at the bottom of the top 10. They'll have to win 2 of those to have a shot at the CFP. So, yeah, I'm not really worried about the benefit of the doubt and all that.

Comment

• You're probably right, too tough a schedule

Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X