No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wouldn't be a bad idea for Tennessee to make a run at Jeff Brohm as well.

Comment

• SIAP ....... moved to this thread. PSU's OC Joe oorehead to Miss. St.

I think we're going to find out if James Franklin is the dilbert we think he is.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 29, 2017, 08:22 AM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I honestly don't get the shitting on Franklin stuff. I get that Brian thinks he sucks and never fails to point it out. Which is probably why he concocted "weeks to come up with new stuff" excuse after Franklin assrailed HARBAUGH!!!! and Don Brown!!!!

He won at Vanderbilt. Twice. He inherited a PSU program that was in way worse shape than M when HARBAUGH!!! came in. I mean, it's not even fucking close. He won the B10 in Year 3 working through some tough injuries and getting his team to really improve throughout the season. And this year he lost at Columbus by 1 and at EL in a bizarre 12 hour road game.

Joe Moorhead is good. I think that's PROBABLY a solid hire. He's a good coach. He's proven he can run a program, albeit FCS. But, I think Starkvegas requires something special to win there. I think the coach definitely has to be a good fit. He needs to understand how he can win at Mississippi State and adjust his coaching philosophy a bit to those circumstances.

I, obviously, give Mullen lots of credit even though he was only 33-39 in conference.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• People who have never been to Starkville and seen where it is, what it has to offer, how far it is from an interstate, the lack of nightlife, its bad facilities, and a HS-like stadium surrounded by a campus dotted with cinder block buildings have no idea how hard a job this is. Mullen, taking them to a string of bowls, and being a tough out is very impressive.

Mullen will be dangerous at Florida.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Liberian penitentiary-like setting may explain why it was so easy for Mullen to get his players to embrace going that extra mile to be physical. They never seemed all that talented at skill positions. They never seemed particularly talented up front, either. But they always seemed like a team that would shiv you in the pile and, in fact, likely carried shivs on their person during games.

Comment

• It is a big step up for Mullen, a lot of guys could be dangerous there. When I say big step up, some coaches are meant to be really good at underdog schools and when they go to the perceived powerhouse they don't do as well. Florida has a lot of built in advantages but you have to be a glad handler. Their two best coaches got sick of that nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                I honestly don't get the shitting on Franklin stuff.
                He's kind of a dumbass when it comes to game management decisions, which Brian puts a ton of emphasis on. But in the end that's only what -- 5% of winning and losing?

We'll see what Franklin can do without Moorehead and Barkley. I do like Franklin but I think that he has to prove that what he is doing is sustainable.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  The Liberian penitentiary-like setting may explain why it was so easy for Mullen to get his players to embrace going that extra mile to be physical. They never seemed all that talented at skill positions. They never seemed particularly talented up front, either. But they always seemed like a team that would shiv you in the pile and, in fact, likely carried shivs on their person during games.

Hahaha.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    People who have never been to Starkville and seen where it is, what it has to offer, how far it is from an interstate, the lack of nightlife, its bad facilities, and a HS-like stadium surrounded by a campus dotted with cinder block buildings have no idea how hard a job this is. Mullen, taking them to a string of bowls, and being a tough out is very impressive.

Mullen will be dangerous at Florida.
                    Mullen recruited well for his system in Starkville, which as you say is a minor miracle. He also has a track record developing QBs. With the big leap up to resources he will have in Florida I have no doubt he will find success there. Not Meyer level success (especially with Kirby ascending at UGA) but consisently better than they have seen since.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Mullen with Florida's ability to recruit is scary.

Comment

• We'll see what Franklin can do without Moorehead and Barkley. I do like Franklin but I think that he has to prove that what he is doing is sustainable.
                        I'm less dubious. They're going to be fairly talented going forward. They're still pretty bad on the OL. I think 2018 they'll be a little under-talented, but I think they're back at it in 2019.

I hate Penn State, but they're going to be a problem in the East for the foreseeable future. They're through the Paterno Winter followed up by Sandusky. It was enjoyable while it lasted.

Comment

• The question becomes....can Mullen do it without the CowBell?
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• College football is better when Mississippi State is at the bottom. Let’s be honest, their cowbells are as bad as it gets. Mullen going to Florida = a great thing.
                            Not enough pie to go around when it comes to college football wins.
                            Moorhead will do his 3 to 4 years as head coach there... average 3 to 5 wins... and they’ll be on the look for another head coach before you know it.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't know a lot about Mississippi State or Starkville, but I do know Liberia at least has diamonds in the ground. Does Mississippi have that?

Comment

Working...
                                X