No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tempted to do an LOL at RichRod but the guy has taken such a beating over the past 9 years that even I'm feeling sorry for him now. And it wouldn't shock me if something like this surfaces with Harbaugh someday. He definitely has the personality for it.

I watched about four or five of Arizona's games this year and he erupted into screaming fits at least a few times a game. More than at Michigan. The guy looked like he was on the verge of cracking.
    Last edited by Hannibal; January 4, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      I don't know about the timing of the actual firing of RR. He released a statement at some point that, upon reading it, was typical RR - sounded like he was crying while he wrote it.

No need to admit he had had an extramarital affair - check.

No need to state he had apologized to his wife, Rita, and family whom he loved - check.

No need to reveal that the staff member that had alleged he had sexually harrassed her was seeking damages - check.

The meat of the statement, and all that was required for him to say, was that he denied the claims of sexual harassment and would rigorously fight them. But, noooooo ..... he had to get all weepy. Josh Groban.

Tigers never change their stripes.
      In the spirit of honest hate, I think that he had to mention that stuff because it was relevant to the allegations -- namely that his staff had helped him cover up the affair. There were rumors of him screwing around with the WVU cheerleaders before he came to Michigan too.

Comment

• I was hesitant to post this for a number of reasons but it describes the actions, according to her recounting of them to her attorney, of Rich Rodriguez over the last year and up until the October time frame when she left her job as his assistant.

You can draw your own conclusions about the value of this and its veracity. RR's contract was terminated and without cause by the University who said they had lost confidence in him and the direction of the program. They further stated that an investigation had been made by the U regarding the claimants allegations. They could not be substantiated because she refused to cooperate.

There's some that think she did this (did not cooperate) on the advice of her attorney who is representing her in a $7.5m sexual harassment claim against him and his wife. The goal is to save any question asked and answered for a jury should it come to that. The attorney is seeking a settlement and says so in the link. I have no idea regarding the legal implications of this course of action - not my area.

There is also thinking that the U decided it would be better to terminate RR and pay him the penalty for that action than it would be to try to prove cause and then have to litigate it. The thinking there is that the U might find itself liable for not intervening when there were plenty of employees who allegedly appear to have been aware of his harassment and should have reported it.

If any of the allegations that this woman is making are true, first, they reveal a disgusting human being in Rodriguez and second, just the mere mention of them in public in the current environment, the allegations true or not, he is done big time. That's a very good thing. I hope he tries to fight this like he said he was going to do and gets the shit beat out of him.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• hmm...

Tom Smith‏ @stars_at_night
          @joelklatt just said on radio that Bowlsby and Larry Scott from the PAC 12 wanted conference champs only, Slive and Swarbrick didnt, wanted 4 best. Delany broke the tie to go with 4 best because he feared SEC & ACC would back out otherwise. Now Delany isn’t happy.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            hmm...

Tom Smith‏ @stars_at_night
            @joelklatt just said on radio that Bowlsby and Larry Scott from the PAC 12 wanted conference champs only, Slive and Swarbrick didnt, wanted 4 best. Delany broke the tie to go with 4 best because he feared SEC & ACC would back out otherwise. Now Delany isn?t happy.
            Jeeeeesuz .........

That is astonishing. Nothing more than Delany groveling to Slive. Let them fucking leave. Let the whole CFB play-off crap crater.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• agree.. this isn't the first time we've seen Delaney yield.

Comment

• I am not for a conference champ requirement with 4 teams. We will have a combo of conference champs and at-larges when we go to 8.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 4, 2018, 05:25 PM.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "...tainted title....whoa ohhh....tainted title..."
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Can't win you conference, shouldn't be in the playoff, no matter how "good" you are.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Would agree with that if we mandate all indy's are disqualified.

Sorry, Notre Dame...
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Would agree with that if we mandate all indy's are disqualified.

Sorry, Notre Dame...
                        Yep. Want a shot at a NC? Join a fucking conference and win it.

Fuck Nortre Dame
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Can't win you division then conference, shouldn't be in the playoff, no matter how "good" you are.

fixed
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• When we go to 8, te P5 will get conf champions and some at-larges. Probably a bone thrown to G5, too.

Not thrilled. Much prefer we try to find the best teams - and that's not always the one who won the conference. But whatever rules are in place we will play by them and I know I won't bitch about it.

Comment

• You wanna stop talking about bones? hack and ent are gonna get excited...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So you have the power 5 champs, 1 non P5 school, bama and 1 at large...

it was bound to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X