Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      I miss snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I won't but for now I'm stuck with it.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        I miss snow
        Really .......

Maybe you think this is beautiful. If yes, North Dakota in February is for you.

And while we're at it, I much prefer this......

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You must like having a sweaty ballsack.

Comment

• entropy likes wet grocerybags and spilling hot coffee on himse;lf also

army navy was a snow flurry compared to the colts game. venatieri almost had another HOF moment on a kick late in the 4th

Comment

• Well no surprises with this years tv ratings in the books - Fox the big winner, while ABC/ESPN are big fat losers! Sad!

Numbers for Fox up 23% and FS1 were up 4% .

ABC/ESPN way down 18% and 6%

CBS Down 10%

NBC Down 3%

Comment

• It's too bad that Fox's productions are not much of an improvement over ABC/ESPN's.

For me, too many sappy sideline stories, too much worthless or flat out wrong color comments and what appears to me to be an incessant need to talk when just watching the play unfold would be fine.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  It's too bad that Fox's productions are not much of an improvement over ABC/ESPN's.

For me, too many sappy sideline stories, too much worthless or flat out wrong color comments and what appears to me to be an incessant need to talk when just watching the play unfold would be fine.
                  I can't remember if it was Ernie Harwell or George Kell but of them would just stop talking so the listener could hear the sounds of the ballpark.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I can't remember if it was Ernie Harwell or George Kell but of them would just stop talking so the listener could hear the sounds of the ballpark.

Those guys were artists, in comparison.

Comment

• Well, is not fair comparing 2 HOF broadcasters with Ernie (arguably) the best of all time. It was sad when Bo in his 'lost years' fell on the sword for that lunatic Monaghan.

Comment

• Keith Jackson was unquestionably the best TV football game broadcaster but he was immersed in a completely different production environment than exists today. He WAS the show, the production was secondary.

Now real football fans who study the game and are there for more than entertainment value, and I'd argue that is probably a decent percentage of those that tune in to a CFB game these days, have to put up with a huge amount of distracting commentary aside from the awful rate of commercial breaks that the producers can do nothing about.

Well, we can't do much about the crap either. It's frustrating and worth complaining about.

Comment

• There wasn't even a close second to Keith Jackson.

Comment

• Pat Summerall was just as good, but NFL...
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• When he was sober ;;

Comment

• No love for Beth Mowins.
                                Good ole memories of ESPN2 noon games.

Only kidding. My last memory of Keith Jackson is that Texas vs USC Rose Bowl. What a perfect game and announcing.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X